1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh that laughter!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 2, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Glad to know that I made your day Sabita dear , by saying that you brought a smile on my face and made my day too

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saby,

How could I miss this write up on laughter, that too coming from you!

Well well, like you, I too am not good at telling jokes. But you should know that you and I can and do laugh almost about anything..silly, serious, funny or irritating. I think, like Vijima has mentioned, laughter is the best medicine! Since we are almost always pained with one or the other worry, what better way is there to treat it but to laugh it off!

Having said that, I don't think the thought of weeding puts a smile upon my face. But then, I don't weed anymore. Like they say we have to give up on some worldly pleasures as one gets older, I have given up on the 'pleasure' (read pressure) of weeding! In all fairness, when we moved here, that is One thing I made clear to my hubs...no gardening and weeding for me. All I wanted is one neat lawn with some shrubs for hedge. That should do for nature service as far as I am concerned! But, what do I have...besides the conifers and Rhododendrons and azaleas, we have roses, peonies, jasmine, dahlias etc etc and that veggie patch in summer! No ma'm, I still do not weed. It is my hubby who is smiling and weeding...Perhaps your distant cousin??!! ideasmileygigglingsmiley:lol::rotfl

Note--all forms of smilies!!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  3. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

Dear Srama
    Laughter is the exact antidote for keeping young! Reading through reminded me of laughter being frowned by elders as my mother used to say that those who laugh a lot when young gets to compensate with non-laughter in their later years. Maybe that was the only way to keep girls from laughing.

Anyway what has been proffered as advice has turned out to be subdued as with all the challenges in life, laughter still rocks. Laughter does have a way of keeping the toxins away while sustaining a youthful aura.

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And how did I miss to respond to you Kamla! My apologies. I am positive I typed a response, why I did not post, not idea!

Oh the way we laugh, how I miss that - the light heartedness I feel after talking with you cannot described. We must be connected and here's why. When we looked at our house, the USP was the lovely yard and my DH turned toward me squarely and said exactly what you said to your husband and so I am left weeding with a smile on my face. It is another matter altogether the joy I get weeding.

And thank you for all forms of smilies...right back at you for it did put a smile on my face.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rathiprasad,

I think we all grew up with that idea to a certain extent. You have said it right - laughter still rocks and you know what it can be enjoyed completely when we are with our friends from school with whom we would have laughed like crazy not bothering about anything else! Now, who doesn't want to appear young and keep that youthful aura intact tell me...oh, those lines of frown ...blah...