Use Of Pool

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by madhurigupta, Jun 5, 2008.

1. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

Hi! i want to know what u all find irritating when using the pool, when u go for a nice relaxing swim. For a start i hate seeing people : NOT TAKING A SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL
    SPITTING IN THE POOL. ENTERING THE POOL JUST AFTER USING THE GYM & NOT TAKING SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING. What else?

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Reading ur mail what came to my mind was a hillarious incident told to me by a friend last week! She was visiting some friend of hers in an apt. block, and guess what she saw as she approached the apt. pool????
    A few Indian women in nighties pulled upto their knees, with hair tied up (like when they get into the river for a bath), with all their kids playing in the pool! My friend was so shocked and embarrassed at what she saw, and realised why some foreigners undermine us!!

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Ha ha That's too funny!

In my complex, we have a bunch of aunties who use the pool wearing salwar kameez, floaties and shower-caps! Thankfully, we have 3 pools and they use just the smaller one for their water adventures!

4. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

No need to feel ashamed of being indians & seeing indians using the pool as ganga river, here in singapore, these chinese people do the same. We have dress restrictions, so all are in swimming costumes but they wash their towel in the pool & then scrub their body with it:crazy
    It's Irritating using the pool at that very time!

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Friends I feel more sad than funny reading all this.. It is quite important to follow the rules.. But I wouldnt just point at Indians.. some people do this though not all!

6. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

:eek:mg: madhuri, that is disgusting! god knows when these people will realise what a pool is for! thankfully in our indoor pool everyone comes clean with swim gear and do some serious swimming...the outdoor pool is another matter though...i get very angry when some indian men come to the pool under the pretense of swimming, stand at the edge of the pool carrying on conversation and "check out the babes" this is totally against the spirit of the pool isnt it, then we women feel very uncomfortable because of the stares...once i noticed that they talked for 1 full hour and left the pool without swimming a single stroke...most of the chinese and white men here are very decent and just go about their own business...only a few indian men do these cheap antics...
    also last weekend one indian guy brought his kids to outdoor pool for having fun...the kids had no idea of swimming, they were very noisy and splashing water on everyone, very annoying...on top of that their dad was relaxing in the pool chair staring at all the women around...me, hubby and our baby were there...DH was fuming at his actions...
    this reminds me of another incident, in chennai, at our apartment complex pool, ladies and children in their full normal clothes used to soak in the pool for cooling their bodies like buffaloes do in ponds...no showers before entering pool also...people seem to use swimming pool for all purposes other than swimming...Rant

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  7. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Hi,I couldnt control laughing when i saw this post... I agree with u all when men and kids enter the pool without taking shower and i have seen some having beer and keeping cans away and swimming etc. In singapore public pools on saturdays u could these guys wandering in plenty.. Coz its public property they just do whatever they want.duh

8. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,

It is amusing but true & also sad to know about the usage of Swimming pool. In spite of restrictions & rules many people do misuse it for many reasons. I too see, some kids getting in with their sleep wares to swim. In the changing room or shower rooms...My God! People just walk around without clothes (esp. men)<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> Witsend<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>why don't they go inside, close the door, have shower & change their dress. It is disgusting...esp. children too are using the room. No use of teaching discipline to kids alone...we too should be disciplined.bonk