1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Swimming sufficient? Any swimming centers near Marathahalli - Bangalore

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pranavi13, Jun 5, 2014.

1. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am over weight by 15 kgs and need to reduce it , as it is affecting my health as well.

I tried gym, yoga and walking. I do it for initial few days and slowly ignore it....my weakness to say......:(

I tried different diets as well, but being a food lover I can stick to any diet for longer duration...I do it for 2 weeks then back to normal....

Somehow, i decided to stick atleast to some exercise routine, instead of diet as i cant diet...I like swimming a lot....And reg gym , walking...i just dont like it...i do it as compulsion.

Hence felt , why cant I make my fav swimming as a daily exercise routine, by that i can cut off some fat and also njoy it....I stay in Marathhalli, bangalore and I couldnt find any swimming center here.....Any one here have any idea on it?? If so please provide me details and also let me know your experiences ....how does this swimming help to reduce fat.? is it possible to cut down you weight only with swimming and little diet plan???

Please pour in your suggestions.

2. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Re: Swimming sufficient for weight loss?Any swimming centers near Marathahalli - bang

You cannot lose weight by swimming alone it has to be accompanied by sensible diet cut down. Especially as people tend to feel very hungry after swimming. But it is a great exercise for toning muscles.
    There are many swimming pools in marathahalli googlesmiley

3. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Re: Swimming sufficient for weight loss?Any swimming centers near Marathahalli - bang

Hi Pranavi, good workout is best for body. I heard gud rating for R2 fitness revolution, marthahalli....Try it. It provides gud trainers. All the best.

4. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Han,

Thanks for your feedback. You are true, that diet is also required to cut down weight. Sometimes I follow, and sometimes I just fail on that part....

Google has given me 3-4 options, not sure which one is good for ladies.......Want to know the ppl who went personally and their experiences to decide on...

5. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaanu,

Thanks for your reply......As you said, I tried going Gym as it helps to reduce weight fastly, but I went only for 1 month and then stopped. I feel lazy getting up in mornings to exercise and moreover I dont like anything to do like compulsion....and will be late in evenings due to work.....slowly I keep ignoring and stop it. It happens with me and thus this time i didnt even think about it.

I want to give a try to swimming and see how it continues...I know it is not best for weightloss.....but something is better than nothing...is it...

Any idea on good swimming centers near Marathahalli.......

6. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Don't join a swimming club without a personal recommendation.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Royal concorde school have indoor swimming pool. you can try for it. 15 classes they charge around 2500rs. Women only batches n women coaches. Check out..

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vemala......let me check out..

1 person likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You need to find something that is a fun activity. If you are trying to gym/swim for weight loss alone, you are bound to give up! Find an activity that you love and stick to it. Eat right and keep doing both for life. That is the only way you will lose that weight and keep it off for good. If you like sports, play regularly. If you like to dance try some group fitness classes. If you love to swim, join a team and swim. If running is your thing, do it. Strength train along side as well.

Hth,

L

10. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Laks,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yeah as you said, I also prefer the one's which I like most and feel that I can stick to them for long time, hence I decided swimming becoz I just enjoy it.

For me Yoga/Gym are something which I do it forcefully, due to which I end up quitting them after some time....I tried Yoga and Gym and everytime I quitted them after 2-3 months, becoz i feel like a forceful......this time i decided Swimming, becoz this i like it and njoy doing it......want to give a try to see how it goes with out qutting again....

1 person likes this.