1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, lets us move our feet and shake that stubborn weight a little

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

2miles out door walk.

2. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

May 19
    =======

Exercise
    ======

5 mile normal walkYoga - SN -25 sets50 squats50 lunges100 spot jumpingFace and neck exercise

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Outdoor walk-5miles
    Spot Jogging-1mile

Total:6miles.

4. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

19.05.14 - 1 hr Spin Class

5. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

May 19

Exercise
    ======

8 mile normal walkYoga - SN -25 sets50 squats50 lunges100 spot jumpingFace and neck exercise

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Ex: 1hr Spin Class

7. ushalakshmi

ushalakshmi Junior IL'ite

25 sets suryanamaskar,austin weist workout 10 mins,yoga 15 mins

8. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

May 21
    =======

Exercise
    ======

5 mile normal walk

LS 4 mile walk

Yoga - SN -50 sets

Face and neck exercise

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Now i am back after a few days of hiatus from this thread, though i update on the walk the miles thread. i wanted to post this for some time. it has been nagging at the back of my mind when i see usha and reh work for more than an hour and also some other who try some new exercises without proper instruction..

these days i am back at my physiotherapist for back spasm, and we do talk..today we were talking about core muscles, and he said unless your core muscles are strong, you are going to be feeling weak, and susceptible to injury frequently. your strong back muscles and core muscles make you feel fit.

it aids in walking, and running, playing sports you name it it acts.. now when i say core, the automatic thought is my ab muscles..but how many of us really know that there are two muscle groups and they are the stablising group and the moving group and both need to be strong for a fit body.

the stabilsing muscles are directly attached to the spine while the moving muscles help in movement while supporting the stabilsing muscles..so both are interdependent..

core fitness is more necessary for functional fitness, to do our daily tasks without having a pull, strain or a pain.

if your core is strong, you can stand on one leg without tilting for a longer period.

I have asked for a session of core strengthening exercises for my kids..when he teaches i will post them here..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

now i did digress from the issue i wanted to speak to core muscles..happens with me all the time..this is a fall out because of not posting regularly and piling up more details in the memory.

now i wanted to share this particular newbit here not to scare anyone. actually i wanted to share it with my son and i had book marked because after his surgery, he was stubborn to do weights and some moves from -90 and jillian..and i was against it, luckily for me this article was posted immediately.

Gym membership costing you your kidneys? - The Times of India

and again please do not do any exercising for more than 45 minutes.. split into 2 sessions or three..doing for more than 45 minutes could push you to stress, and other disorders..

anything beyond a limit is not good applies even to exercise. for a person to be fit, my cardiologist says 45 minutes for brisk walking or any workout. good diets, good sleep and regular exercise give a fit person..

1 person likes this.