October 2014 Due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by devikr, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@Everliking - I just read your other messages. Gaining only 400 grams in second trimester is quite less. I seriously wish I could give you some of my weight. I am overweight for my height Witsend
    And 2 idlies for dinner is very less dear. I easily eat 5 idlies :lol:

Jokes apart, you really need to increase your calorie intake to gain proper weight. Good luck!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

yes i accept, I should take proper breakfast and dinner... but if had only milk in the mrng then i will have breakfast... if i had oats then am skipping my breakfast... after having the everything from mrng to evening stomach doesn't have any space to accommodate any other intakes... thats the problem... i dont have that eagerness towards food....

3. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

I am also on 16 th week...in another 3 days will start with 17th week.

For me doctor advised to go for 30 mins walking daily..and to take protein diet...
    she is insisting to drink 1 litre milk along with some sundal.

I could not maintain that.

I am consulting with Dr.shanthi sanjay really amazing doctor i have ever seen. I am very confident after visiting her.

Please try to read the book named Passport to healthy pregnancy by Gita arjun. They have given even very basic things also. I got the book and it helped to clarify few of my doubts.

Dr advised me to maintain sugar level as this is the stage where sugar comes into our blood..4, 5, 6 months of pregnancy. Please maintain ur sugar levels too..

1 person likes this.
  4. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

@sandhya - even my doc told me the same... per the weight chart i have to again another 3 kg.... but per my body condition its very difficult to gain weight eventhough i have my regular home food as well as food from outdoor.. at the time of marriage during last september i was only 49kg... anyhow i have taken the dietitian appointment on my next visit... lets see how much weight i gain from now on.....

As i mentioned in my previous post after having food from morning to evening i dont have any space to have extra idliies... if i push myself to eat then feel like throwing out everything and dont even have any carvings or eagerness towards food....

surely i will increase my calorie intake and will give a update

5. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

@Lavanya - Welcome to October due date club & congrats on your pregnancy..

eat healthy food and be cheerful always!!

I will surely read that book in some point of time... :) thanks for the suggesstion...

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

@ everliking: Even when i went to my appointment i only gained 450 gms of weight..i also do not feel very hungry and has been eating a normal diet. Although this has started to change and My apetite has increased a bit. My obgyn said not to overstuff myself with food but to eat at regular intervals by setting different alarms/ reminders throughout the day.she said not to stay without eating anything for more than two hours. I should drink water, juice eat fruits,nuts and healthy snacks throughout the day. She said not to worry abt the weight gain but don't keep long intervals between the meals. Focus on eating many small portions through out the day at regular intervals and do not try to over
    eat in one sitting...hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  7. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

I heard hearing Adhithya hridhyam is very good during this time.

Are you reading any solgans in specific or hearing any songs in specific.?

Also heard that to improve baby complexion asked to have citrus fruits and for baby brain protein food + iron food..

are u doing any thing in specific.
    I am not doing and dont have time to plan also. If you could share me your tips will try to follow.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lipsap

Lipsap New IL'ite

Hello Mums/Mums-to-be,

Glad to see this forum. Happy to be in company with you lovely ladies. Congratulations to all the mum-to-be.

I am due for 9th of Oct.

Could anyone please give me an idea about the following doctors? I am changing my doctor and need to visit a new one as soon as possible. I am completely confused. Need help desperately. There is a new hospital in HRBR Layout named OVUM Hospital and the following doctors visit this place. Need to decide on one. Please help.

Dr. Harini Shetty

Dr. Sandhya Shivkumar

Dr. Sapna Lulla

Dr. Neelima Padmanabhan

Thanks a ton in advance.

- Lipsa

1 person likes this.
  9. SuchitraAnand

SuchitraAnand New IL'ite

Hi all.. posting update after a long time. I am 20 week and 3 days pregnant. Feeling baby movements and feeling very happy. And completed almost half of pregnancy.
    Warm welcome to all new members and have a safe and happy pregnancy.

2 people like this.
  10. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

@ happygolucky22 - Yes, your suggestion helped me a lot... on week days am doing the same thing but on weekend i couldn't help myself other then stuffing because of my loveliest family members they keep on insisting me to eat something which ends in throwing out during night or to end up with digestion prob...

@Llavanya - no am not hearing or reading any slogans.. but during nights & weekend noon alone i use to hear pregnancy relaxation music which is available in youtube.... for complexion some of my friends told me have Apple, Carrot, orange and green grapes..

@ Lipsap - welcome to October due club... Congrats on your pregnancy

@ SuchitraAnand - congrats on your pregnancy... whats your due date...

1 person likes this.