1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So frustrating..even to eat breakfast

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by YoGirl, Mar 26, 2014.

1. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks. Thats inspiring..
    I will def try to do it...Thanks again

2. stranger127

stranger127 Silver IL'ite

Yo girl...all i could think of reading your post is..how lucky these men are?? A girl's life turns upside down after marriage..We would ve been the apple of our parents eyes..pampered, nourished & cared for and suddenly we enter an household where nobody cares for us.. your dh doesnt enquire whether you had food or not when hot food is served to him..i still remember this line in one of your posts love is replaced by a like and would never forget it..but things will change..
    i curse god and our indian traditions for all these issues..A girl moving to inlaws place after marriage, girls parents & dil considered inferior how much ever great they are, dil not even treated as mere humans, guys how much ever good he is would never want to hear a word against his parents...wont they ever try to understand what we are, our day to day difficulties etc..
    What is the purpose of marriage?? What is the definition of love after marriage? Love is something over rated in movies & when our expectations come crashing down we suffer...Sorry for venting..could not just bear it...

In your case modernise your kitchen...for eg. use roti maker, dish washer, hire maid & this would save your time considerably (assuming you have financial independence. else make your dh understand your difficulty. yours is love marriage right?) ..make vegetables that are easy to cut & cook..you go to your room and eat breakfast...dont care for anyone if nobody cares for you..do your duties & take care of yourself...talk with your parents often...they are aging & need your emotional support..this will give you & them the required strength as we DIL's dont have the privilege to be with our parents & take care of them..your frustration would get reduced when you do something meaningful..

Good luck dear...Everything will fall in place soon..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Yogirl thanks for this post..i thought only I have this problem..everyday when dh comes from work i used to crib that i have acidity, weakness, irritation, head ache all due to not eating bf...

n he always thinks that I am hyper venting...their family doesnt believe in concept of hot bf but will eat as Radha pointed out

Radha...reading your post..i felt as if the reply is for me...thanks yaa..! hope you are doing well...

4. sanjana

sanjana Senior IL'ite

I can totally understand your issue. In this case you not only need to care about yourself but also try to take some rest whenever you get time.

1. Tell yourself that you come first and your health is important .
    2. Try to sleep early in the night and get up early in the morning. Getup around 7 or 6 am. This time is good when few people awake . Have a quick snack then --- like tea-biscuit , tea-bread or glass of chilled milk (prepare and keep any quick snack in fridge overnight) , fruit or even keep pack of dry fruits in your bag. I always eat banana first in the morning because it fills me and its easy snack.
    Dont be afraid to snack on anything in between , you just filling your stomach and still not having breakfast before them. If they dont like seeing you munching anything , go to room and eat it then come in front of them.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well, I was not a proper eater. I mostly depend on junk food till i learned that I am heading to obesity. So, I learned to give importance to meals, stopped worrying about what others said, and eat on time.

6. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

Dear,

Reading your post makes me feel so lucky to have my husband. My husband totally understands if I don't cook after hard day at work. He would insist we eat out even if I offer to cook.

I get back home late so preparing food takes at least an hour of my time and leaves less time with hubby and son. So he hates that and rather we have quality time together instead of me spending time in kitchen.

As for your prob. Since you are working, can you go on a business trip? at least for few day? Lets see how your hubby and MIL survive without you! Don't worry about your baby. Sometimes we need to sacrifice something to teach them a lesson.

I cant help feeling sorry for you. No time for breakfast and getting a stare from the old fox for eating?!! Geezzzz....didn't they became a DIL first before MIL?

Ignore her, you have to look after your health first!

1 person likes this.
  7. lady

lady New IL'ite

I eat my breakfast in the kitchen while preparing tea or milk for rest of the family. I know it's not good to stand while eating but it's better than being empty stomach. One more thing start keeping dry fruits in your handbag. Eat handful nuts while traveling to office.