1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

married life getting doomed?help...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Apr 30, 2014.

1. priyapal

priyapal New IL'ite

Aruna, U are lucky that u are staying in USA. It is a developed country and it is certainly better to stay there for your husband's career. There must be Indian associations in you city. My elder sister is staying in canada for last 30 years. They celebrate all indian festivals at the club. They invite friends to dinner and they also go to the friend's house.

Life in USA is certainly far far better than India. Do u face powercut, do u hv scarcity of water, do u hv traffic jam,pollution in USA, do u need to pay bribe for every other thing?

Just forget the idea of returning to India. Many Indians dream of staying in USA but dont get the opportunity. U r lucky to be staying there. U can join some classes like music or dance.....u will meet many people there

1 person likes this.
  2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Move to California bay area. you will feel like you are living in India, weather is good, every third person is indian, many temples, restaurants, grocery stores.

2 people like this.
  3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

People, no one is talking ill about India. Just the facts, about the rape capital...

I love over my country, India. But it is not the same as when we grew up.

also to th OP, please don't hv expectations that in India your neighbors will be there to help you ward of your boredom. NO. India is fast moving there are many things lined up for everyone, that it's not easy to sit and gossip.

finance,, have you been recently to India, did you check out the prices in malls, restuarants etc... If you are not working and have 2 kids, who needs better education. You need make proper decision about RTI, it is not rosy as your husband rightly said.

Next social affairs, I am not saying US is great, but law and order is at least there in most cases, have you recently travelled in public transport in India, without a mama or thatha poking your back? Corruption in all levels, not that it's not here, but you don't need to struggle for simple things like license, registration etc.

gossiping within family, social stigma... I can go on.

No I ma not belittling India. No I am not saying it's impossible as billions of Indians are living there. It's just might be hard after enjoying some things here and transitioning back, but nothing's impossible if your mind is into it. Mine is not.. Yet..lol..

4 people like this.
  4. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hey Aruna,

Take a break with small kids.Try to find a friend who has young kids.Invite them quite often.Slowly expand your circle.Have more play dates. Arrange an mommy night out in a mall for an hr or two while your DH could watch the kids.

Try this mother's day.Order or bake a cake ,invite few girlfriends to your place,they don't need to be close friends ,just acquiantances.Who knows you are going to be great friends.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ajith

Ajith Silver IL'ite

Looks like you are a gregarious person like me. Unfortunately the weather in northeast is terrible. If your husband does not have restriction in moving to another job (aka green card), consider moving to a metro where there are a lot of Indians. You will find friends with the same frequency, get to see lot of people (Indians and others), lot of cultural activities etc., The place where I live (SF bay area) is ideal in that your husband can find a job easily, there are lot of temples, you are sure to find friends from your city/college/school. And the weather is almost like the weather in TN. I have lived in Boston area and I know how terrible the weather is. So plan for a move to a southern/western metro soon.

6. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

If you are staying in any of the metros In India then you can't imagine. Forget other stuffs you will spend your life in traffic. Coz I stayed in bangalore and spent my 4 yrs in traffic. All I remember was traffic.

I would say say accept the reality and you choose what's best for you n your family.