1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going to loo while in sari

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by kalyani, Mar 5, 2014.

1. kalyani

kalyani New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I love to wear Saris, though I usually wear western wear or SK. I find it very difficult going to the loo wearing a sari while at work. I mean getting it back to shape as before and all.
    Also i'm bothered about the way the petticoat has to be worn - tight.

any tips or tricks to do away these inconveniences and make sari wearing more comfortable?

i searched the net on this issue but nothing much came up.
    Thanks,
    Kalyani

2 people like this.

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I have founded it easier than wearing salwar or pants.You just have to lift up the entire sari

3. aamini

aamini Bronze IL'ite

Kalyani even i have the same issue. It is not about comfortness for me but to maintain good throughout.
    However tight i tie the inskirt i gets loosened up when i go for loo. So at the end of the day it will be like it is going to fall down anytime :rotfl

I wanted to try saris at home too. I dont know how my mom wears it... I will be more exposing and look like beggar by afternoon ..laugh1smiley

If i sleep and get up... now words... my front fleets will be on my side. My inskirt will be so loose by then

5 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotflat the heading.
    Op...try not to wear crisp cotton or crisp silk ones to work . They are kind of impossible to get back in shape once you lift them up.....:rotfl
    Try getting one A line petticot made or a straight one like a long skirt,with slits up to mid calf on the two sides. They are easier with the saree...give a more tighter look.Try it once and see.

3 people like this.
  5. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

This is what exactly happends to me as well!!!:bonk
    Still not able to decode the secret- "How to stay alive in saree?"ideasmiley

2 people like this.
  6. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Same thing happened to me during my marriage in Indialaugh1smiley. Within two months, i will be visiting India again for a wedding and this whole time, there are many occasions for which i need to be in saree almost all day, so wondering how i will managethinkingsmiley

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smiley The comments are so funny.

I found that crisp and starched sarees dont come back to their best shape easily making them a pain to maintain throughout the day. Go for flowing material like crepe, chiffon etc. They easily fall back into the shape once the deed is done ;) They dont crease easily making us look smart till evening.

For Loose Petticoat Syndrome (LPS in short), dont tie the petticoat tight in the first place. I feel uncomfortable sitting when the petticoat is too tight. I tie it loosely, drape the saree by fixing saree pins tightly near the pleats and pallu. The pins do most of the holding. So the petticoat being loose or tight does not affect the saree drape.

Hope this helps.

3 people like this.