1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

hmmm... so short Meril..

do post something fast please....

2. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

I am again to this story after very long time.. I was searching for this story from many days but i forgot title also..
    Meril, nice going... Post as and when you get time... Pls don't make us to wait for long time.. Hope you are going to post next episode soon...

3. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Hi Meril,
    Post next episode....

4. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone.. Will post a new episode in a while!

5. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious! (Flashback)

Reshmi stepped into the ICU with a prayer.

The atmosphere enveloped in sorrow, she saw her bhiya- An ever energetic person lying on bed looking helpless. He looked at her with his tired eyes. His eyes seemed to be in search of someone else.

Reshmi managed to stay strong and faked a smile, he did the same and enquired with trouble "Where..is she here"?

Reshmi knew it wouldn't be anyone other than Ashvini, and answered "No, she doesn't know."

"Please, don't tell her", requested Kumar.

"That's enough ma'am, don't make him emotional", interrupted the nurse.

Reshmi held Kumar's hand and assured him that she wouldn't, and added" I will be with her.

By then the nurse impatiently, directed her hand towards the door and said" Please!"

Reshmi got out of the room in tears, Shan patted on her shoulder and said in a low consoling tone. "It's alright, it's alright.. He is going to be fine.", Reshmi leaned on to Shan's shoulder for support.

Rubbing off her tears and raising her head, she said, "I want to be with Ashvini, I promised Bhiya I would, but.." Shan being aware of her concern said, "I will look after Rohan, don’t worry."
    ____

Reshmi reached the hospital the next morning, to know Kumar was shifted to the ward. "Room No.?", enquired Reshmi to the duty nurse. "Room 22, second floor", was the answer.

Reshmi went in search of his room. "Room No.22", she kept murmuring to herself as she passed by each room.

She finally pushed open the door with the number 22 imprinted. Kumar was sitting up on the bed with pillows supporting his head.

"Ah, look who is here." said Hashim who was sitting on a chair beside Kumar.

Kumar was surprised to see Reshmi and asked, "What are you doing here?, thought you were going out with Ashvini.

"Oh No! Is she awake?, I thought of getting you some clothes while she was asleep", said Reshmi placing a small bag on the table beside.

"We would be back home in a couple of days." , said Hashim.

"Oh.. is it? That's great!", said Reshmi sounding relieved.

"I will be right back", said Hashim and left the room.

Kumar turned back to Reshmi and asked: How is Ashvini? You didn't tell her, did you?

"Ashvini is fine. I haven't told her, but she doesn't seem to completely believe our made up official trip." , said Reshmi. To which Kumar laughed.

Yes, it's funny for you. You have no idea how difficult it is to convince your daughter." said Reshmi with a smile.

Kumar laughed once again to Reshmi.

Reshmi was deeply satisfied to see him laugh once again.

Kumar once again leaned his head towards the pillow resting his head and in a while called out-"Reshmi", in a deep tone.

"Yes, Bhiya.", answered Reshmi.

Kumar seemed to be in deep thoughts for a while and then said with a sigh.
    "Reshmi, I want to talk to you."

To be continued..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  6. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Nice one, Meril...
    Expecting next episode soon...

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank uu..:) Next episode coming up..

8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious (Flashback)

"Bhiya, please don’t strain yourself. Shall we talk later? Maybe, once you get discharged?", pleaded Reshmi.

"No, Reshmi. I'm fine, I want to talk.", said Kumar.

Reshmi didn't want to resistant anymore and sat beside him calmly.
    I am..I am worried Reshmi, said Kumar in a breaking voice.

Reshmi certainly knew he was as she looked into his eyes but said in a cheerful voice: Bhiya, what are you worried of? Didn't you hear what Hashim said, you would be discharged in a couple of days. I am sure the doctor just wants you to rest longer, and then you are back to your usual busy schedule.

"No Reshmi, I'm worried about Ashvini.", said Kumar and looked down and frowned.

Reshmi anticipated her Bhiya was worried of Ashvini's reaction of the incident, and was about to assure him, she would never.

Kumar started talking once again, before Reshmi could promise him.

"Her mom passed away few days after Ashvini's birth, I still remember the look in Asha's eyes. She wanted to tell me a lot, her eyes spoke them all. She has entrusted Ashvini in my hands before she left to rest forever."

Reshmi knew this conversation wouldn't do him any good especially when he was just recovering from a heart attack and didn’t know what to do about it.

"Bhiya, it's ok. Ashvini is all grown up now, you don't have to worry about her anymore.", said Reshmi hoping it would help.

"Hmm.. yes, that is what. What if something happens to me?" ,asked Kumar, tears filled his eyes.

"Bhiya, I think you should stop worrying unnecessarily and rest now." said Reshmi and stood up to take a glass of water for Kumar.

As Reshmi poured some water from the flask, Kumar called out Reshmi once again. To which Reshmi answered by saying: Bhiya, please rest now.

"How can I Reshmi?..How can I until I leave her into safe hands?" ,asked Kumar.

Reshmi handed the glass of water to Kumar, seeming clueless where the conversation was heading to.

Kumar took a sip of water and looked up at Reshmi, and said: Yes, Reshmi I want to get Ashvini married soon.

To be continued..

________

Dear ILs,

With this episode I end the flashback to this story, will continue with the main story from the next episode. Hope the puzzle is solved! :)

6 people like this.
  9. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Good one but short episode!!!

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Wow Meril, so Kumar and Reshmi are going to plan ways to make Ashvini to agree to a marriage now? How exciting! Can't wait to read how Ashvini is going to react to this!