I dont want to do job..........

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by prashi, Apr 10, 2014.

1. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am not willing to do job . Up to now i have taken career break of 1.5 years in between which i felt very bad because i dont have a job , but now i got placed in very good company where i am not willing to work by leaving my child (1.5 years ) at creche.

I am not getting what i want actually? If i am not having job means i felt that i need a job , if i get job then i am not willing to go. Now i am not talking to my husband because he told me to do job .

What to do ?

Please help me out

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

I guess you should not go for the job if you feel that your family is more important. You can always start again once your child is old enough. I can understand your dilemma. I sometimes wish I could quit working!

1 person likes this.
  3. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

yes , u r right . but if i quit the job then again i will be depressed that i am not getting salary. that to its not small amount to leave i am getting 60K. who will leave this much amount for silly reasons...

4. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite

Prashanthi..
    Trust me.. I was exactly in the same place.. worked for few years.. took a break and felt depressed about not being independent after struggling so much for me to get masters degree. I started working again and felt being home was more comfortable. But now, I am again not working due to few personal reasons for which I am helpless.. but I want to work desperately. I am sure you will get moved on with some time.. just place urself in the situation where you werent working and within couple of years your kid will go to school which will make you all alone again and bored, depressed. Try to carry on with your job now.. you will add in experience and confidence.. also promotions for being experienced.. think positively about it..!! Weigh in all the positives and negatives and analyze for yourself what is best for ur family.. take DH's and your best friends' help in decision making process who know you better and wish your well being!!
    All the best friendssmiley

2 people like this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

What happened dear, you were eagerly waiting to get a good job since a long time?

I know it feels sad to leave your baby with a stranger, but just try to manage with.
    your hubby's help, I am sure things will work out.

You had also mentioned that your hubby too did not have a job for some time, try holding onto the job and take help from hubby and parents as needed.

Good luck dear!

6. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Dear Prashi,
    I read your previous posts where you really wanted to do job. Is your DH working?
    If yes then you can probably quit the job for the sake of your son. Yes, I agree 60k is not small amount but if you have to choose between your responsibilities for your son and job, I don't think money would be priority unless you're financially not too sound to only depend on DHs salary.

Also, what is it that you fear? Leaving your kid with a stranger? If this is the reason then you can try calling your MIL or mother to your place to help look after baby.
    If both not possible then I feel daycare is the best option. Try if any good reputed daycare which you can trust. Maybe ask your neighbours or flat mbers if they also send their kids to daycare.

1 person likes this.
  7. curly

curly Bronze IL'ite

Hi Prashanthi,

I'm looking for tesing positions and i'm unable to find a job. Please help me out how did you get the job....

8. larapowell

larapowell Bronze IL'ite

Personally speaking, I think that you should not do a job if you are not happy. Because a depressed heart will never give his/her best shot.

1 person likes this.
  9. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

What you said is really true ... Now i am doing my 5 month in job that too I dont like that technology dont know also because of my husband force i joined now i am so deppressed that i want to die now.
    From yesterday onwards i am not taking anything... i am not able to deliver the tasks assigned to me because i am not interested. I really want to die dont know how much time i can be without eating. On Monday i need to submit my work in office i am not done with it before that i need to die.

sorrysmiley to my husband and my kid

10. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

Hello Prashi!

I am not getting you....you initially said that you dont want to work because you dont like the fact of leaving your 1.5yrs old son at daycare...and now you are saying that you want to die and leave your kid forever....are you suffering from depression by any chance?

every mom faces this emotional trauma when she rejoins her work after childbirth....there are momz who leave their 3-4months old infant....it was difficult for me to leave my 5yr old kid so i completly understand you....

you can look for some work from home jobs...if you are in IT then getting one is definetly not tough....please look at different options that suits your requirement rather than talking about ending your life...

1 person likes this.