1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flathead babies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by SMG, Mar 26, 2014.

1. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

I have 2 kids. My son is 4.8 years old and daughter 1.3 years. Both of their heads have gone flat. I believe it is due to my carelessness. I thought having a round head is a natural thing. For my second child i tried to position her head but i guess i didnt do enough for her. Now i am ridden with guilt. I keep staring at people's heads either young or old to see how a flat head will look on a grown up. But i somehow find everybody's head round. It really depresses me that i have not been a good mom. After all, their lives were in my hands and it was my responsibility to keep it round. Its my worst nightmare as i think day and night of only what i should have done. If it was something for me i wouldnt have bothered but it is going to effect their whole lives. Please pray for my kids because i dont think it will round now. There has been some improvement in my son as his was a really bad case. But still its noticeable. I worry my daughter will not have a nice round head to tie a pony. If anybody has any suggestions please help.

2. nidhijoshi

nidhijoshi Silver IL'ite

dont worry..head covered with hair will look ok...

3. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

my hugs to u dear.. i know what ur feeling, i had twins my doctor advised to put them on tummy timeand coudn't do tummy time.. they were crying a lot all the time and my inlaws dnt allow me to do.. when they were 4months both heads went flat.. my doctor suggested me to go for helmet for 2 to 3months.. as early that it gets better.. i was crying infront of doctor, she consoled me go for this procedure.. u will remeber whenever u see ur kids round head.. i said yes, and kept helmet for 2 months hardly.. they have round heads.. am not sure in india if they do helmets for round shape.. so go to pediatrics and check with her.. i remember below 2yrs can go for helmet procedure from orthopedics.

dont worry dear everything will be alright and dont make urself low saying ur bad mom. cheer up

4. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

You know in india doctors dont tell in the begining itself how to keep the head. That is why i was blissfully unaware. I have a round head but my mom says she doesnt remember doing anything for it. As i saw everybody's head as round i just thought so shall my kids have. Here in india we dont have those helmets. It really upsets me that both my kids will have to live with it. I really thought a round head was the most natural thing to have. What makes me unforgiving to my own self is the fact that i was careless with the 2nd child whereby i should have learnt from my mistake.

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame