1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to reduce facial pores and acne

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by abinayamadhavan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

AFter i came to chennai(almost 3 years), I started getting huge acne all over my face and scars and most worrying part is pores. My skin in hands are badly tanned. Is there any home remedy to
    1. stop pimples from coming
    2. reduce pores
    3. get rid off scars

I generally have a very long thick hair. Recently I have got hair loss because of dandruff. I use only shikakai for my hair :( And post delivery gray hairs appearing in large numbers.

I started having nuts,green leafy vegetables and honey with ginger etc.

I am not happy in approaching beauty parlor as it gives only a temp solution for the prob.

2. kranjani

kranjani New IL'ite

Hi there... If you are looking for natural home remedies here are a few that could help you...

Lemon juice
    helps remove tan, it has the ability to bleach skin naturally without harmful effects, can help you to lighten and fade your acne scars effectively within a very short period of time.

Honey
    is a wonderful natural ingredient that helps you clear up pimples and reduce the red marks on your skin. Honey has antibacterial properties that help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.

Aloe vera
    is a natural soothing substance which you can use to reduce many ailments, from wounds, burns, to acne scars. Aloe vera helps to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin and boost the fading process of acne scars. You can take the gel-like sap from the aloe vera leaf and apply it directly on the scared areas, and after that, you do not need to wash off skin.

Ice cube
    is a simple remedy you can find right in your own home. It can help you fade the acne scars easily by reducing redness and soothing the inflamed skin. Concretely, you just need to wrap an ice cube in a small piece of clean cloth or paper towel and press it against the scarred area on your face within one or two minute.
    Instead of freezing water, you should use some strong green tea, freeze them in an ice cube tray, and apply these cubes to remove acne scars. Green tea is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that will have miracle effect when you combine it with the ice to treat scars.

Very Important: Use sunscreen when you go out in the sun, Drink plenty of water, and do not pick the pimples/acne, let it heal by itself.

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abhinaya,
    Chennai humid condition causes this to some people so one solution that worked for me is to simply wash face with just water every now n then and dab with towel...
    As far grey hairs apply henna.. you can mix it with curd n apply leave it on your hair for 1 hour n wash it off with water only....

Hi Kranjani
    Please elaborate how to use lemon juice do you use it as it is or do you mix it with any other ingredients?

4. VidBala

VidBala Bronze IL'ite

Dear Abinaya,

Egg whites are also used to get rid of acne. Apply it on face and leave overnight. Wash off in the morning

Tomato can also be used for the treatment of blackheads and to open the pores of the skin. Cut the tomato and rub it on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads. This treatment is good particularly for oily skin.

Before going to bed apply ice on the face. This will reduce the inflammation and burning sensation on the skin and also help get rid of acne scars.

Foods with Niacin and vitamin A are also used for the treatment of the acne. It is recommended to take100 mg niacin, three times daily, and 50,000 international units of vitamin A, three times daily. Vitamin E, 400 mg, should be taken once daily. This therapy should be continued for a month.

Guess these tips works!

Warm Regards
    VidBala

1 person likes this.
  5. vgmahen

vgmahen Junior IL'ite

Useful post. Thanks!