Relocating to Riyadh from Mumbai,India...Need help

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by ArvindD, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ArvindD

ArvindD New IL'ite

HI Friends,

I am planning to relocate to Riyadh in March. Planning to bring my family as well post 6months. Need your inputs for the same:-

1. Looking for Indian community around area --apprx rent can be 1000SAR to 2000SAR per month.
    2. Since planning to bring my family (Wife and 3years olf daughter), so want to know good Indian ICS school and when i shall bring my family so she can get admission in time.
    3. I am vegetarian so hope am able to cop up with Riyadh. I am very flexible as far as fooding is concern in Veg.
    4. Apprx cost of living for 3 people (Myself,wife and Daughter) --weekly or forthnightly once hotelling, once in month freakout and rest moderate lifestyle.
    5. What things i need to bring while relocating to Riyadh from India so accordingly can start packing.

Your valuable inputs and suggestion will make my relocation more smoother.

2 people like this.

2. ArvindD

ArvindD New IL'ite

Dear Freinds,

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

3. shwetaagarwal27

shwetaagarwal27 New IL'ite

Hi Arvind,

We are also planning to relocate to Riyadh....kindly pass on any information you have About the place..

Regards
    Shweta

4. kiran1988

kiran1988 Silver IL'ite

Dear arvind
    I will be able to answer some of ur questions
    I was born and brought up there so maybe will be of some help to you
    There is no monthly rent in riyadh there is a yearly rent plan
    According to your budget you can get good house in hara, batha and manfua ..they are mostly populated with indian and south asian people
    They are lots of indian stores here no need to get anything u even get a indian chaadu (broom) over here.
    On the costly side u can go for olaya ,daryiah but these are very costly areas with less of excess to goods
    Riyadh is not a place where u can freak out
    Here a typical outing means wear an abhaya go to a park with ur husbsnd and sit enjoy in the family section and come back
    U can go for any good indian school that is cbse affialated ,its the same system as in india u can check out the website for iisr that is indian international school of riyadh u will get the admission schedule
    But since ur child is very small she will have to attend a playschool or preschool admissions happen at the age of 4 or 5
    There is no dearth of veggies in riyadh u get every spice every veggies here
    But there is a little dearth of veggie options in resturants
    But u can cook in home
    There are many unsaid rules in riyadh kindly follow them otherwise u will land in trouble
    There are two seasons in riyadh
    6months is summerep rest is winter
    U dont need any thing special other than a abhaya for ur wife
    P.s hope i have helped u , any more queries would be welcome

5. ArvindD

ArvindD New IL'ite

HI Kiran -- Thanks for your valuable inputs. It will really help me...especially my wife since there will be cultural diffrence being living in India in open culture and in Saudi for woman in littile beat close one.I am planning to relocate @ end of March. Since my daughter is in preschool nursery now, by what is idle time i shall call my family so she can get admitted to pre school seamlessely....i.e. in September/october etc.

@ Shweta -- Thanks for your reply. Surely i will late you know if any update recieve.

Arvind Dixit

1 person likes this.
  6. kiran1988

kiran1988 Silver IL'ite

Dear arvind,
    U can go there and search for pre school nursery because mostly people have opened a prr school nursery in thier house , but i wouldn,t recommend u these, better go for some recognized nurseries , there are many good british nurseries in riyadh which can give u insight to every education, the timebof the afmission depends upon nursery to nursery so u will have to go there and contact them... Hope u will be able to find one and best of luck for you and your family ...any more queries would be welcome ..,.