1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to my naricsstic mother

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by kiran1988, Jan 23, 2014.

1. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Not to undermine anyone else's problems on this forum, but sometimes I feel there is no greater pain, sense of failure, hopelessness, and dejection that having serious problems with your parents and next your siblings. Your own parents who gave birth to you and raised you and your siblings you played with, went to school with, and have your most cherished childhood memories with - when these members turn their back on you, let you down at some very critical junctures of your life, and have betrayed you - there is never a closure on this, no amount of therapy even helps. It is the worst thing to happen to anyone.

So for those of us struggling with spouses and in-laws, perhaps a gentle reminder that there are others out there who are struggling to still make sense of a broken bond with their mother, father, brother or sister.

10 people like this.
  2. kiran1988

kiran1988 Silver IL'ite

Very very true dear

3. Emal

Emal Senior IL'ite

That is totally true. The IL's giving problems is so obvious but not many think our own blood can hurt us. This is why it even becomes hard to vent out these feelings infront of people or friends.
    But true such mom's, dad;s and siblings exist. My mom was always jealous of my achievements while growing up. She converted everyone in the family to think bad about me after my marriage.

Lesson - As hard as it seems, as every minute goes into thinking about this, we can revert our minds and start focusing on the abundance we have in our lives - in any form.
    Let them be where they are, you soar and reach where you want to go......You cannot change them but you certainly can change how to feel for yourself!!!!

Take the expectation out and start considering them as strangers, it will make it a lot more easier on you.

Good Luck to you!!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Felt disturbed and sad after reading this kiran...can understand your plight :-( it is not your fault dear..when god closes one door, he always opens another door..I don't know about your marital status..but I wish and pray that your life partner takes care of you with great care and love and let him shower his affection and love and be your everything...don't worry....calm yourself...

1 person likes this.
  5. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dear,

Reading this is like seeing my thoughts in mirror...No more words i can write it here except some tears....

3 people like this.
  6. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I can feel what you have gone through. I've been facing similarly since my childhood and even now.
    True that if we try to share this with anyone, people will blame us and see us as sinners for bad mouthing our mothers but will not understand the pain we go through.
    Feeling sad that there are others who also face such mothers like me but saME time feeling better to have found some company who can understand the feelings going through similar conditions.

7. venus14

venus14 Senior IL'ite

I am in the same boat. Nobody used to believe me when I say something about her. I was depressed during school days and initial years of marriage. I thought I was the only one who is going through this..lacking very basic thing is life. Now that part of me is numb, I just cut her off emotionally. Can't take it anymore.

2 people like this.