1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

14 ingenious ways Indian mom's save money

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by kiran1988, Jan 24, 2014.

1. kiran1988

kiran1988 Silver IL'ite

I feel these are the things that make us Indians so unique and economist.... Love the simple feeling of doing these things ... Most of them I do it myself hi hi hi hi
    Love
    Kiran

1 person likes this.
  2. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you. I too do some of the things mentioned here.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    well many are being used still in my own household..........like the younger one has to wear few of the clothes of the elder one.......

when I was in India & polythene was still not banned I would keep lots of polythene & give it to the Rahariwaals selling veggies.....got some discount from them as a result:)

and you did forget about selling the old clothes to Bartaanwaalis........I remember washing all the clothes I did't need & ironing them so that they look appealing & selling it to baartain waali & getting something in return which was little unusual like the time I got steel board & rolling pin...........oh,those beautiful days:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

I follow about 90% of these....

1 person likes this.
  5. kiran1988

kiran1988 Silver IL'ite

Yes they were indeed beautiful days, i will use the polythene idea loved it ...............

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Growing up, we used to buy the cooking oil in 2 liter cans. Once the oil was used up, my mother would wash the cans multiple times, dry it in the sun for a day or 2. These cans were then used to store her dals and other provisions. Was very convenient since there were handles. I think she was the only one in her friend's circle who did not go out and buy dabbas for any of her provisions.

She used to save a lot of the monthly household money my father gave her, but would never compromise on the quality or quantity of food she provided. My sister and I even have jewellery that she purchased for us with the money she saved every month.

1 person likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

I do follow certain strategy mentioned here..more than my mom, my MIL is good in these aspects..

1 person likes this.
  8. samal

samal Silver IL'ite

Nice. My mom us to do the same.

Wud like to add one. Mostly,middle class and lower middle mothers skip their breakfast. They will say no time to take breakfast, but it is to save money to support the family. great moms.

1 person likes this.