1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nobody can replace you!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jasmine25, Jan 14, 2014.

1. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Jasmine,

My eyes welled up as I read your snippet. Bought me back all memories of my maternal grandma and my dodamma (mother's elder sister), her silent sacrifices, her unexpressed love, her sweet beauty.

Oh how I wish you quote was true, "If tears could build a stairway and memories build a lane, I would climb up to heaven and bring you home again".

I count my blessings in a way that they both are in my dreams every other night..

1 person likes this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

wah wah wah..

What an snippet, can see the feel of your heart. Surely god will fill-full your wish..

1 person likes this.
  3. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hello ever happy,
    Thanks dear.grandma are always special.glad my writing brought your memories back

1 person likes this.
  4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear rachaputi,

Thanks for your sweet words.Am happy that you can feel my feelings:)

5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna mam,
    That was a cute appreciation too:)
    Thank you so much.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jasmine,

Welcome to Snippets! As I note, it is indeed a grand entrance that you make! You touched every single heart that read your post!

Congratulations on landing into Finest Post forum with your very first write up, thanks to Kkrish! You seem to have rendered our Kkrish, who is also a commendable writer in her own right, wordless, going by her response to you here!! She did race to FP forum soon enough and nominated this post to the FP of the month! Congratulations!! Soon to follow her were EverHappy and Rachaputi!! Three in a row!

You must have had a wonderful grandma! The amount of love that can be felt in every line you write about her is impressive! It does bring a tear to the eye and makes the heart go all soft! All of us end up thinking of our own sweet grandmas! Mine was also one of the sweetest and cutest lady ever and thanks to you that I am thinking of her with utter tenderness!!

Your tribute to your grandma is as sweet as a candy and I am sure like you are that she is reading it and smiling and blowing kisses in your direction!! I do wish you all the best and may your dreams about your little one come true. I can just about see that you will make one sweet mamma!

Reading this, there is only one wish left in me...that some day, my grandkids will think about me with the same affection and longing!! yumsmiley

Keep writing Jasmine..like Kkrish has said, your words are just as pleasant as your name!

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Straight from the heart and very touching Jasmine. Your grandparents are in heaven watching you, sharing all your joys and sorrows, protecting you and blessing you always.

Lots of love.

3 people like this.
  8. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala mam,
    :thankyou2: Is just not enough mam..Am drenched by your sweet words.kkrish is the first one to surprise me followed by Everhappy and Rachaputi to nominate my post.It gives me lot of encouragement to pen down going forward.Glad to know that my post made many to recollect their Grandma..
    As you say I pray god to be a sweet mother to my kid and transfer all the traditional and cultural learning taught by my grandma..
    Mam undoubtedly your grand kids will love and long you forever..
    Thank you once again for your kind words:)

2 people like this.
  9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear satchitananda,

Thank you so much for stepping in..you are absolutely wright in your sayings..

10. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I'm a bit teary-eyed after reading your post. God Bless you, and may your Grandmother and Grandfather go hand-in-hand into their next lives.

1 person likes this.