1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Anitap..hope you come back soon.

1 person likes this.
  2. chillbreeze

Hehe..I like it..I like it so much:kiss.

And I like your signature too.

3. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

i have got escaped from house work for this year ponggal. every year we will wash the floor, clean the whole house and also clean the pooja room. we will do the same for deepavali too, but for ponggal pil will clean it all over again.
    mil will be the last to sleep on ponggal eve to clean the pooja room, and she will put on a sour face if i go to bed before her.
    mil will wake up early morning and wake me up too to clean the house again and wash car porch and put kolam. . i was heavily pregnant for two ponggals, and had small babies for another two ponggal, but still i had to do lots of work. We will tie sugar cane, manggo leaves and thoranam and celebrate it will full of culture. We always cook ponggal outside of the house on new clay pan.
    Mil will be doing all the work, but i have to be standing beside her all the time like a assistance. if i go and sit down for awhile she will quickly call me to pass her something. Witsend
    but this year, we didnt celebrate it at home because we are at rent house and co-sis mother passed away and they didnt do at their home too. after small pooja at our house we went to temple. great escape but i still missed the kolam, thoranam, sugar cane and mango leaves though!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. chillbreeze

Hi Shantana,

Same with my mil to whenever she cooks something. I have to be near her like assistant to pass water/something from fridge etc. My pils clean whole house during dussera and again during pongal. To be frank, I am not a big fan of festivals and now ever more so.

5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

same here dearies.. worst thing is, you should keep the items as it is how they did..

should not change even x,y angles and vertical, horizontal positions..:bang

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

What I find really surprising is that how someone (read my Mil) always complains about her eye sight, but can correctly spot if something is new in the house or if the position of some item has changed event by ten degree angle....

3 people like this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Same doubt here too.. When we point her some of her past negative talks, her replies, me when? no i dont remember, i was not... Witsend

When she need says like statement..

1 person likes this.
  8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bubbly and CB.

1 person likes this.
  9. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Silvertulip,

Missed you a lot dear and more than you its the tales of the lady who had undergone Spinach spa we missed.

4 people like this.
  10. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

My weekend story.series of fights...... Uff this time a big one.......

I blew the steam within me yesterday very badly and I dont know what would be the consequences. God save me.
    I hope I would get some suggestions here as usual. Now let me not drag this anymore.... Straight into the topic.

Saturday some guests(mils relatives) were coming to the house for a day's stay. First of all I had no information untill the last moment.
    When I confronted this to DH he says even he got to know about it only few mins before me and says that I am making issues out of nothing.
    I asked him from when is he planning to consider me as a primary person in his life. If at all if he is ready to give the dates I said I would wait untill then
    without asking him anything. I also told him that he has each and every info of him a secret from me and on the contrary explains the importance of maintaining transparency with him.
    Finally he could answer all my questions and said that he will talk to me later on this and went away from that place. Fight number 1

All the time while the guests where at home her hinus acted so much that she did not allow me to touch the stove. Instead she got the rotis done from her relative though I said that I would do it.
    On the other side this so called relative was always praising her DIL and her GD. The moment they left the house MIL as usual asked me to cook. Now BP shooted up like anything
    and I asked her how come she can ask me to cook now when she can keep me away from kitchen all the while when they were there. She also got into debate and there started the argument.
    DH came down and asked what was the problem. I told him what went and how she had forbidden to do things when they were there. Now starts the panchayath session (Most awaited from their point
    of view). This time I remained fearless and argued with them like hell. She tried to bring my mom into the picture as usual. I cut her out saying " Look your son itself declared that the issue is concerned
    with this family alone. Then how can you get my mother into this. Never ever speak about my mom again". My FIL turned the plate and started supporting his wife and started pointing out at me. Luckily my DH asked him to keep quiet.
    Seeing me stubborn and not budging for anything (No patience to give dialogue description as I do everytime;)) she got into emotional drama and started crying and said that she has given more importance to me than her sons.
    I saw my DH melting down for her atyachar and in turn I opened my tap fiercely and said that no one likes me and accepts the effort i put on in this house, So now DH had put an end to this session by
    consoling both the parties - Fight Number 2
    This time DH did not completely take his mother side. He told his mother to back off in few things and asked her to stop trying to take hold on everything. He told her that we need to grow and we should know how to take the lead. At the same time he asked me to consult her if I need any info and I agreed for that.
    He has also told her that I have entered the house the same way she has and that I should be made to feel that its my house.He asked do things whatever I can and leave it if i cant saying that I cant do it.
    Ofcourse it was a gyan session from his side and lady was fuming for DH being neutral this time. However I have my own disappointment on this but I left it.

Later he said we would go out(ILs included) to check out the new TV as the told one is in its last stage. I told him that I would take another one for our room and this is pending since ages.
    I said that I needed it badly and that he did not allow me to buy it long time back though I was ready to pay for it by myself . I also poked him saying that he has got all the regional languages
    removed inspite of knowing that I watch it. For that his reply was " No one watches them at home. So I removed them" (Hypocrite, it was his bro who had got it removed seeing me watching some regional channel). I said " You know that I watch them right? How can you say that no one watches it? Does it mean that you dont keep a count of me in anything?"
    For that he said " Are you counting me?" I said " I have no business in this house if I don't keep a count of you". For that he requested me to not to pick up another fight (Whew! I am being so frank here)... Fight Number 3

Now I dont know whats going to happen to me and not aware of what plans the mom-son duo have for me. Little bit tensed, but at the same time I want to make myself ready for the battle as I have
    already entered the war field

Ladies!!!! Please help me to get out of this mess

1 person likes this.