1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in jacksonville FL

Discussion in 'Indians in Jacksonville' started by radha04, Aug 28, 2008.

1. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi newcomers to Jax,
    Welcome to jax. its wonderful city less populated much cleaner environment and not too many Indians and so, Indians living here r very friendly with not much of an attitude. I live in Bertram park area which is about 5 miles south of Southside. Southside has lot of advantages as its closer to Indian grocery stores and mall and few other amenities with less driving. we all can try and meet each other sometime in Feb. after every one of u settle down in your new jax home. I will send a notification and try arrange a convenient time to meet all and get to know each other. I will introduce few of my existing friends with kids to provide more info to u all to help out in any way I can. Until then enjoy life, weather , new home and new friends and pls thank God every day for this wonderful climate.
    Cheers,
    GPRIYA.

2. Divsm

Divsm New IL'ite

Yes that would b great .We can all catch up and get to know each other better.
    Lets plan on doing that in feb.
    Divs

3. PraveenPriya

PraveenPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I will be moving to Jacksonville in March. I am looking for apartments in South side. I have a kid who is in 1st grade. I do not drive, so I have to look for an apartment with school in walkable distance. But so far I searched, i could find only one. The schools are more than a mile distance for most of the apartments. Is school bus facility available for pickup and drop off students? I definitely need this facility. Otherwise, my options will be very few. So ladies, please help me with this information if you know.

Thanks
    Pr

4. dsowmyareddy

dsowmyareddy New IL'ite

Hello Divya,

We just moved to Jacksonville. I have a 3 year old son looking for some daycare nearby. We live in gate parkway.Do you know any good ones near the gate parkway.
    Thanks,
    Soumya

5. malathivinf

malathivinf Senior IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am looking for good apartments in southside. I am getting confused as the reviews are bad.help me with your suggestions in finding the apartments please.
    thanks,
    malathi.

6. malathivinf

malathivinf Senior IL'ite

hi priya,
    Even I am new to jax. Need help in finding good apartments as my daughter is moving to kindergarten this year..If you have any information please share with me.
    Thanks a lot,
    Malathi.

7. kavikish

kavikish Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    We plan to move from Jacksonville soon and would want to sublease our 3 bedroom apartment - Avenue Royale located at Southside. Lot of desi family here and one of the best apartments in the locality. For the sq. footage it gives (more than 1500 sq.ft), the rent is only $1200. Very reasonable and spacious apartment. The sublease is available till end of Aug 2014, after which you can always renew it if needed. PLease let me know if anyone is interested.

8. sweety1090

sweety1090 New IL'ite

Hello All,

Any bodies stays in Durbin crossing in Saint Johns county ? We are thinking of buying a home there. Would like to know how diverse that community?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  9. srinithibala

srinithibala New IL'ite

Hi friends i live in southside. Anybody from here please contact me. I want Indian friends.

10. Divsm

Divsm New IL'ite

Hello there,
    I live in southside too . I have a 4 year old boy and a 1 month old girl .We can meet up sometime.Please email me so that we can get to know each other .My email id is divyamondkar@gmail.com
    Hope to connect with you soon:)