1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband never gives me any gifts for any occasion...breaks my heart :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya2782, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Onegoodlife

Onegoodlife Senior IL'ite

Feel sorry for u Manisha :-(

2. manisha036

manisha036 Senior IL'ite

Hi onegoodlife, :(. i tried changing him in a gradual way but i failed.
    yes sometimes not giving surprises, no feelings for bdays, annivrsrys etc makes me feel low but whatever is there is there. i love to live my life fully and he dont want any celebrations, sumwhere he wants to show his mom that he is ill treating me, and his life revolves around his mom not me which makes is mom tooooo happy:bonk.

Hi priya... try to change him slowly, show him that you are very excited for your bday, start planing 3 4 days before, choose sum nice restaurant but decide with him, ask him to atlaest take out some time for you on your bday that you deserve, i m sure he wont deny. buy gifts for yourself, or you can take him along with you to buy sumthing for you(that shud b predecided, hubbys dont want to spen time in the shopping of girlish things) Click some pics dere.
    i did this on last valentine, n i had a good time. now when i look those 3 4 pics, i feel good.
    my mil never got gifts from fil, so my dh knows no concept of gifting.
    on last karvachauth dh told me to gift bangles,but when i visited india he asked his mom, shud i give her bangles and his mom filled with jealously said '' she is having a pair, i gifted her in wedding''notdonesmiley. i felt bad, fell in arguments 4 5 times, nothing came out everytime he exploded as his mum was involved. so i left expectations and started living my own life.
    1 funny thing that i did, when i visited my ils i specifically showed my shoppings to my mil telling her side by side that dh loves me a lot. her facial expressions were amazing
    :rant

1 person likes this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Tell him that he forgot to order for his sister and say that you ordered one for me and one for mom.

4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Instead of one, consider he bought two for you and use both of them. Next time he will automatically remember you. What a jerk.