1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Charlotte NC near Airport area - Looking for good apartments, schools

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by Roshni1705, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Roshni1705

Roshni1705 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am moving to Charlotte soon. My husband's office would be in southwest near airport area ( located at coliseum center drive). We have a four year old preschooler. I have heard that Steele creek area is a good bet for a family near the office but not very sure.

Please guide on the following things:

1. A safe neighbourhood with Indian community around
    2. Good preschools/pre-K
    3. Our preference is to stay close to the office area and at the same time close to the good preschools.

Your suggestions would be valuable. Any other practical information and feedback would also be good.

Regards,
    Roshni

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014

2. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Re: Relocating to Charlotte NC near Airport area - Looking for good apartments, schoo

Hi Roshni, welcome to IL :wave...i have lived in Charlotte for 2 years and i will try to answer your questions. I would recommend you to look at Tyvola center, Courtney Oaks, Century Parkside apartment communities, all these communities have lot of indian population. Century Parkside is the least recommended, IMO...management is too bad there, u can look up the reviews online.
    Coming to the pre-schools, i have heard Gateway Academy(Child Care, Preschool & Kindergarten Readiness at Gateway Academy Child Development Center) is good. Lollipop is another good day care center(Lollipop CDC).
    I have also heard Providence elementary schools are good, but that area is quite far from Coliseum area. Good luck with ur move, let me know if you have any more questions.

3. Roshni1705

Roshni1705 New IL'ite

Re: Relocating to Charlotte NC near Airport area - Looking for good apartments, schoo

Thanks .... :)

4. Roshni1705

Roshni1705 New IL'ite

Thanks for the information. Does anyone has any idea bout good preschools in the steel creek area near courtney oaks apartments.... I have a 4 years old kid. I am looking for a very good preschool nearby. Please help me with that.

Also does anyone has any feedback about "the enclave at rivergate apartments" ? Is this society recommended from safety perspective and architecture perspective?