1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband struggling with his career

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by daffoteji, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear op,
    All I can say is please continue to support him in the hardship..put yourself in his shoes..financial stability is indeed important.yours is a love marriage don't ever leave your love fade away at any cost be it any situation.fight the battle together and win your situation what so ever may be the hurdle:thumbsup Don't loose hopes..things will fall in place

Regards,
    jasmine

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,I don't think not doing well in a job is grounds enough for divorce in Indian divorce law .

3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

This question made me to think that how many people lost their relationships in rescission time.

Well, i'm not enough matured to answer.. sorry..

4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

is this is job to measure with package or profit and loss???

what would you do, if happens the same with second?

5. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

This thread still alive... doh1

@OP- is "Husband struggling with his career " ??
    then you manage the family and standby him with full support until he succeed.

thats it am done. unsubscribing this thread ... :drowning

1 person likes this.
  6. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Op,

I think you need to take it easy, I feel you're behaving like one of those typical parents who expect too much from their kids and nag them all day to do well in school.

I think you need to give your hubby some space, you asking him about his work on a daily basis might make him feel worse.
    By the end of the day, when he is really tired, he should feel like coming back home to you, and not anticipate the interrogation by his DW.

You have held on for so long, now just give it a little bit more time, and everything will fall in place.

Remember, victory belongs to the most persevering.....Just persevere my dear.

7. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

8. sadagopa

sadagopa New IL'ite

The problem you are having is a temporary one which many face at some point or other. Divorce is not a solution.Planning a child may be good as it brings along more responsibility among parents.Since your husband is qualified and intelligent he will have a bright future. Wish you all best

9. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Perhaps your husband is having a spate of bad luck in his career or is in the wrong career. Many people who are not successful in what they do is because it is not their core competency. They do it for various reasons such as a paycheck, pay of bills, mortgages, car payments, society, parents or spouse pressure, peer pressure, everyone else is doing it and earning well so why can't I.... so on and so forth. List is endless.

See what is it he is really good at, every human being has a talent and potential. Unfortunately many of us go through life without ever identifying it or tapping into our real skill and aptitude and potential. Perhaps he can look at something entrepreneurial - whatever it may be, even opening a small shop or restaurant where he is his own master and he may feel more job satisfaction. Or maybe taking tuitions.

If your husband is willing to listen and change, try this approach. It will be hard if he is going to be egoistic and stubborn and not willing to experiment.

Aamrapali

10. SashaQ

SashaQ Senior IL'ite

Ask him to expand his horizons. Don't apply for work in just the city you live in. He just did his MBA. So he needs a LOTTTTTT of experience using it as well before his career will stabilize. (Note: I said 'career', not 'job'.)

Also, is he able to find another job fairly quickly once he loses one? THAT is more important. These days sometimes no matter how good you are, there is a LOTTTT of pressure at work. If he doesn't like the environment at work, then he will be unhappy at home also... carrying around his anxiety and depression. There's only so much he can share with you and talk to you about before it starts to feel redundant to him. Bad job situations can really suck the life out of you and it is better to leave than be sorry for sake of your own mental and physical well-being. After all, if you are not feeling good, then there's a tough chance you will get another job quickly.

The important thing here is to make sure that he is mentally positive so that he is able to job-hop quickly and easily so as to keep the $$$ coming in. If he is a responsible man, he won't let you down. Try to have some faith in him as well. After all, you love him and married him. You couldn't have possible made such a bad judgement, right?