1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Insecured

Discussion in 'New to Bay Area' started by Ash12, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Ash12

Ash12 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I might sound silly.....But this is my feeling and Iam feeling helpless.I dont know where to share but with indusladies.
    Iam right now on India vacation from US.I have a 5 year old girl.The problem is my MIL has totally occupied my kid.She only gives her food/Makes her take bath...and gives her lots of unwanted attention and love due to which my kid has kind of become spoilt........She now never listen's to me or my husband....She whine's for all silly things.....
    From the time of birth to till now she always sleeps with us..but now my MIL is not leaving her and she also runs to her alll the time......
    I hardly get any time to spend with her and she is also avoiding me and seems to be happy without me around....All this is making me kind of insecured and helpless....
    Iam not sure how to take this but Iam totally not comfortable with this....Any reviews please..........

2. Ash12

Ash12 New IL'ite

69 views AND NO REPLY....wOW MINE SEEMS TO BE A UNIQUE PROBLEM..........

3. suja1986

suja1986 Senior IL'ite

hi ash. no need to worry dear. yours is not unique problem its a common problem. yearly once you visit india in that time itself grandparents want to spend some time with their grand children.kids will attach to person who are generous with them.anyway as a mother i can understand your feelings.things will get back to normal once you reach your place..

4. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Ash,
    I dont know whether i can give u good suggestion but i just wanted to pour the activites if i am at ur place...
    Firstly for how many days wil you b in india fr ur vacation?? If it is fr few days you can just leave your kid with your mil but just put an eye... This is to take extra care... Your kid wil be happy spending quality time with your mil.... Ur kid will learn some good habits from your mil.. i just wrote these things keeping your mil as good mil...

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

It's just a matter of time... you will go back to your place and things are bound to fall in place. Don't worry, let the granny and granddaughter play around...

6. Ash12

Ash12 New IL'ite

Thank u all for all ur reply's.....
    Yes initially even I thought like that........But I dont see her getting any good habits at all....She has become a spoilt kid....Throughing unnecessary tantrums/ crying for all petty things.....I wont say my MIL is bad.......But what my concern is "Too much of anything is good for nothing".
    My MIL also see's that my kid is always with her ....If for any reason if my kid comes to me she doesn;t like it........

7. Ash12

Ash12 New IL'ite

Hi,

It seems most of them where expecting some juicy stories by reading my subject title.(200 views and 3 replies)......
    But unfortunately I couldnt offer everybody the best story or whatever they expected........

Thanks to those who replied me.....Iam expecting some replies from those mommies who have gone thru this situation as how they handled this situation.....

Now'a days Iam praying god that please give me back my kid.......I want my kid back....
    Iam very well aware that Iam not over reacting to this situation.All I want is some suggestions to handle this situation....