Total / Complete Placenta Previa

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by SuccessMinded, Dec 18, 2013.

1. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

I am 20 weeks and have been diagnosed with total placenta previa which has very little chances of moving up according to doctor.
    Please reply back if you yourself had it or know anyone who had it.
    Did they have full-term baby? Did they have bleeding, if so from which week, and were they on bed rest? Did they have a low-birth baby or a healthy child?
    I just wanted to be prepared for the consequences.

Thanks!

2. Gossipgurls

Gossipgurls Silver IL'ite

I'm so sorry to hear that, I have no idea abt PP but my prayers and thoughts r with you.

1 person likes this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

My prayers with SM. God bless you. As you r in usa,

I believe the technology is good here and doctors will definitely help yo out...

1 person likes this.
  4. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Slim chance but i think its rare to diagnose before 30 weeks,Pray for the best!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Successminded,

Our first child had complete placenta previa all the way up to delivery. Everything went well. She was a full-term baby delivered through C-section.

Initially, I was also quite worried and was *deeply researching* probability of bleeding by week. But then realized that the best I could do was 2 things...

1) Ensure that the OB is practicing in a neo-natal speciality hospital. In case the baby arrives early, she has the best care. We switched OBs to make that the case.

2) As much rest as possible for the mother. The more you are off your legs the better.

Don't worry too much. The net of my research was the the probability of making it to 32 weeks is quite high.

All the best for a safe and healthy pregnancy!

2 people like this.
  6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your feedback jay!
    I would be really blessed if I can make it to 36-37 weeks! Want a full-term baby.
    I will also be changing OBs to find someone associated with a good hospital.
    Also, I am trying to be off my legs, but not easy as traveling for job, then baby at home, so something or the other. But will try my best.