1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Met my best friend after 10 years

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by iyerviji, Dec 15, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

[h=2]Sometimes in life, you find a special friend, who changes your life by being part of it. Someone who is always there in your joy and sorrow. When you are down and the world seems dark , she lifts you up in spirit and makes you feel the world is bright. She cheers you and always guides and holds your hand and tells that everything will be ok. In mylife I have a friend like that who has been my best friend since 1957 till date. We were in school together and in the same classfrom 7th Std to 10th std. I used to go to school with her in her car and also used to spend two hours in her house in the evening one hour study andone hour indoor games. She is very rich but very down to earth and simple. She has helped me a lot in my life.

In 1965 we had come to Mumbai so from that time we got separated but wekept in touch earlier by letters and then through phone and now through mobile. Recently she phoned and told me her grandmother is insisting her to come to Mumbai , so she is also planning and we both were anxious to meet because we were going to meet after 10 years. I had gone for her son's and daughter's marriage and she had come for my daughter's marriage. On 12th evening she phoned saying she has come to Mumbai. On 13th I was going for a marriage and since it was near from that place I decided to meet her. She had come with her relatives and they wanted to go to places in Mumbai and I told her I will come in the afternoon. First I was not sure whether I could make it because the marriage was also important to me. I did not want to trouble my husband and thought of going alone but he said I dont want to send you alone . I will also come with you.Luckily the marriage got over at 1pm and then I phoned and told her I am having lunch , by 2.30 or 3pm I will be at her place. Her grand daughter gave the address and toldmewhen the auto come snear to her place to give a call so that she will tell the exact location. When we landed there I asked a man and a teenage girl whether that building is the samewe are looking for. They said yes and the man said you are Vijaya na, then only I remembered htat he is my friend's husband and that was her grnd daughter. They took us home.

We both were very glad to see each other. I gave a gift to her and she was saying why this gift and all when our hearts our win , our relationship is a precious one and gifts are not necessary. She said she did not bring anything for me but she gave me a saree. We had a long chat and were remembering about our good old days. Since we already had lunch we could not have anything though her grand daughter brought some eatables and coffee. We just had coffee. We were there for sometime and I was not in a mood to leave but what to do had to leave with a heavy heart. But both were happy that we could meet .[/h]

[h=2][/h]

8 people like this.

2. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Nothing can be better than meeting up with a friend after years!!

It is so evident from your write up that you had a wonderful time that would be cherished forever!

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Meril dear :welcome to my thread . mademydaysmiley with your first fb and like. :thankyou2:. True is was really a memorable meet , felt happy that I could meet her. True this will be cherished for ever. We both are 70 yrs and cant say whether we will be able to meet again. So was very happy to see each other and remember our good old days

4. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Ya it's true nothing can be better than meeting up with a friend.
    i love ur narration vijima

1 person likes this.
  5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Nothing can be more precious than an everlasting freindship VijiMaa. Am so glad u got this opportunity to meet your friend.
    This time i too met a friend pof mine after seventeen years. it looked like we were still in college and did not know when to stop chatting.
    As in school we always use to say.....Golden Ship or Silver Ship...but the ship that never sinks is FRIENDSHIP!

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Bavishya dear glad you liked the narration, thanks for your first fb

7. iyerviji

Renu dear I was also happy that I got the opportunity to meet my best friend after 10 years. Glad you also met a friend after seventeen years. True whenwe meet after a long time we forget everything and all old memories make us think again and we talk about the same thing and dont know how the time passes

8. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

Oh...vijima u so lucky got such a nice friend....as always love ur writings...this post also nice one...we can share happiness and sorrow everything to friends.. "Nanbenda".......

1 person likes this.
  9. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

You are lucky that you got to meet a longtime friend! I miss my friends so much that i even dream of them and am longing to meet them atleast once.. Sadly we didnt keep in touch and i fervently search for them online or facebook just to take a look at them. I really wish I could me my school and college friends!

Am really glad that you got to spend time together.. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Meenu dear yes I also feel lucky and blessed to have such a good friend. Glad you like my writings