May 2014 Mom to Be Club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ruthwithus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Hello Gae, good to know that you reached safely. I am also happy that you will be surrounded by family members during this time. Let them spoil you and enjoy the pregnancy.

Hello SM, I am doin good. My second level ultrasound is scheduled for next Wed, so will know if it is a boy or girl by then. Also, I can't wait for the Christmas break so that I can start shopping and searching baby names. How are you dear? Did you have your anomaly scan?

2. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Yeah mine is also in few days.. waiting for it :)

2 people like this.
  3. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone.. :)

I just had my doctor s visit today.. just a monthly visit and they have taken blood for AFP testing. I guess its for down syndrome check.

In today's visit I heard heartbeat again. But it took some time for the doctor coz she said baby s busy moving and twice I heard some knocking noise and she said baby s kicking! I felt so thrilled. I have not started feeling any movements yet and am eagerly looking forward to it :)

I got cold and my doctor asked me to take Sudafed for running nose and nasal congesation. I am little worried to take any meds though.. anybody have any experience ? Can I take that for cold?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Zoya, I also have caught some cold and cough. For general cold, I am just keeping myself warm and drinking ginger tea(chai), warm soup-dal-kadhi etc. Taking rest and sleeping for good amount of time is helping a lot.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Thanks crazymom.. I am drinking warm water and tea. I dont want to take any medicines. let me wait for few more days and see. :) Thanks so much for ur suggestion.

6. srinithivasan

srinithivasan Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am silent reader of this club. I am also belonging to this club. This is my first pregnancy through IVF.
    Congrats to all mom's to be !!!

My due date is may 13. Everything went well till last week.
    In my 17th week went for scan. Doctor told utreus mouth is weak and my cervix length is 3.3 cm. Told me to be at complete bed rest. Prescribed Duvadilan tablets twice a day. Also she told I may deliver baby in 8 month itself. I am much upset after hearing this.
    Did urine culture test on the same day. No problem in that.
    Have to go for scan next week. I am much worried about that scan.

1 person likes this.
  7. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Welcome zoya and srinithivasan to this club

srinithivasan,
    dont worry. As doctor suggested take rest and try to be relax. Even if baby comes out at 8 month don't worry, u can take care of it after birth with double care.

2 people like this.
  8. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Welcome to club Srinithi. Congratulations on your pregnancy. As doc suggested, take rest and don't worry. I had my son at 36 week and they kept him in NICU just for precaution, otherwise he was doing fine. He is now a perfectly healthy 3 year old and keeps me busy all day. Keep faith and everything will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  9. srinithivasan

srinithivasan Silver IL'ite

Thanks to both of you. I am having pain in vaginal area while getting out of bed and walking. Especially when the urinary bladder is full. Will this be due to any infection or normal?

10. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hi Srinithi, I have heard that the cervix length have good chances to go up after bedrest. So try to worry less and relax. When are they going to check you next ?