Oral Progesterone pills

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by drsmiley82, Nov 9, 2013.

1. drsmiley82

drsmiley82 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

My doctor prescribed me oral progesterone 200 mg pills to be taken at bed time. After using it , I feel dizzy all the time. He asked me to use these oral pills vaginally.Is there anyone who have used oral progesterone pills vaginally? I have seen online , that there are 2 forms of pills, peach colored and light pink colored.My oral pills are light yellow or peach colored.Please suggest me ladies can I use oral pills vaginally?

2. drsmiley82

drsmiley82 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

My doctor prescribed me oral progesterone 200 mg pills to be taken at bed time. After using it , I feel dizzy all the time. He asked me to use these oral pills vaginally.Is there anyone who have used oral progesterone pills vaginally? I have seen online , that there are 2 forms of pills, peach colored and light yellow colored.My oral pills are light yellow colored.Please suggest me ladies can I use oral pills vaginally?

3. Shilpa23

Shilpa23 Senior IL'ite

There is no harm to take progesterone 200 mg pills,in fact it supports your pregnancy.It prevents miscarriages during initial stages of pregnancy.I checked with my doctor before she asked me to take the pill.Anyhow they will ask you take for 1 or 2 months after there is no need to take them.

4. Gossipgurls

Gossipgurls Silver IL'ite

Tell your doc oral is making you dizzy and ask her give you vaginal one , that's more easy and more comfortable.

I take progesterone shots ( injections)

5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi, i was told first to take my pills (same colour as yours) oral too and since two days i take them vaginal. Doctor told me they even work better this way, hence i should do so. As i feel sleepy and dizzy all time anywhays i have no clue wether its due to that or the pregnancy itself :bonk