Lancor holdings

Discussion in 'Housing' started by pinky6, Dec 1, 2013.

1. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends i came across an ad in FB about lancor holdings independent villas in sriperumbudur and my dh is intrested in buying the villa ......... does any one of you have any idea about this property?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are talking about town and country??? , one of the premium builders, even we liked the plan and the model (because we wanted the essence of the country), but then renting in places like sriperumbudur is a gamble if you are buying on loans and depend on the rent to take care of a portion of the emi.

pinky if you are lucky, you can get expat tenants or be able to lease to any of the automobile company's then it looks good.

3. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply shanvy....yeah am talking about the town and country villas @ sriperumbudur .....my dh too liked it very much and when we contacted them they said only few villas are available and before we make any decision i wanted to know about the builders.....this month 19th we going for holidays to india and we are planing to meet the builders personaly......

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it is almost a year old project pinky..and could have been lapped up by some of the big executives who have their finger in that area- automobile industry mainly.

so have they increased any rates. what is the baseline price quoted. and all the best.

5. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks again shanvy....the rates of the villas are 2566 sqft and 3 bedroom villa costs 89 lakhs and 4954 sqft and 5 bedroom villa is 1.4 cr.But the price is bit high for sriperumbudur so we have not decided yet........what is your opinion about the price shanvy?

6. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

I will not comment on location as I assume you would have done enough research on it. Smaller flats are easier to rent than larger villas any day. So it is a good buy for end use but not for rentals.

Coming to the builder, Lancor (parent DBS used to do top notch projects) was good before, its project on Peters Rd is a good one. But they have complaints in Shols project on construction quality. It is their first big project. They are run by Brahmins completely, some of their employees are downright unscrulpulous. So be careful. The current management is spoiling the brand name by associating themselves with such people. There is a legal case going on in one of their buildings.