1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

i think my special needs brother in law is attracted to me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by NewlyWifed, Nov 18, 2013.

1. NewlyWifed

NewlyWifed Silver IL'ite

I honestly dont think that is going to happen, sadly...his temperaments are not suitable for a healthy married life...he goes out of control sometimes, even threatens suicide...he is extremely strong physically, you should see the amount he eats...and he is much stronger than my husband, for instance...but his temperament is very very fragile...as long as he does not improve, the chances of him becoming suotable for a married life is very less

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Dont wait till it turn worse..

Take the steps like counseling, or complaining to all,

Final one police complaint, they will fulfill all his 'Special Needs'.

3 people like this.
  3. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Frnd,

I think moving to another location wont change the things better as long as your DH wont recognizance the seriousness.

I think you have to take up this with your gync first but you must take your MIL accompany you in that visit. After all she is a mother, try to make her understand what her son is doing can affect your grand child. You make sure to have some else to accompany you who is very faithful to you and speaks the language well. If possible on the same day you make an appointment with a physc with your MIL and let him analyze her son and let him explain to her wats the consequence if they let her son untreated. She should a get a feel that treating her son is unavoidable for his future rather than solving your problems.

Once you successful to convince your MIL you will get some relax and try to be on her house when ever your DH is not with you.

How about your MIL's influence in her house, is she the decision maker?

4. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Can you go to your parents place for a while? You're pregnant after all - can you use that as an excuse to stay with your parents for now? Then perhaps your husband can get a transfer by the time the baby comes.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Do this. You should not be the one suffering .....not in this state.

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

No one else seems interested in addressing the elephant in the room....including your husband.I guess your Bil is more important to them than you. You owe it yourself at least to put yourself first .Address the issue....it is not going away on it's own.

1 person likes this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Or they are not taking seriously... sick

8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I really wonder whether your husband/ILs don't understand the seriousness of it or sure nothing will go out of hand. From what you have written, looks like only you can take the action.
    Show them in some or other way that you can do something serious like calling cops, if they don't take any action.

9. Mommie007

Mommie007 Silver IL'ite

OMG OP, That's just awful! Just reading your post gave me the chills, i cannot even imagne what you must be going through. I cannot believe people are more interested in finding out what sort of illness your BIL have, rather than addressing the real issue. He has special needs, enough said! Special needs/Mental illness can be, autism, schizophrenia etc etc. They do not think like normal people do, and can get easily obsessed with something. IN your case he is obsessed with you, but they can get better with intervention. You MIL will NOT understand what you are going through , PERIOD. She will take her son's side no matter what, and no one can blame her - she is thinking like any normal Indian mom would. She does not want her son to be an outcast - which he will not (it's just a myth)So you need to look for another route. This boy needs help and you need to stay away as far as possible from him. Start off like someone else said, by talking to your gynec. Let her talk to your husband. Then you need to take a few step to protect yourself. In the mean time, get your husband to talk to your mom to get his brother help. talk to your husband like you are concerned about your BIL too! Hopefully everything works out. Ill pray for you!

2 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Move so you are within the same city but coming to your apartment should need multiple bus changes and take over an hour? "Need a bigger apartment for baby" could be the reason given.