1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do with your Wedding Sarees?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by brahan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Shiree
    wise decision to buy less expensive saree which you can wear often.
    Prema barani

2. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Thank you dear, most of cousins n friends questioned me and made fun of me saying I'm miser but I don't want to waste my/my fathers/my husbands hard earned money on piece of fabric which is lying on cupboard for years..

I buy lot of gold jewelry but only few nice less expensive sarees for nay occasion my budjet for a fancy saree is 3-5k for party wear and Silk is 5-10K max.

3. divya13

divya13 New IL'ite

hi brahan , i am also phasing same problem dear.. my sarees also sleeping on my mothers house. now a days i am seriously searching how to redesign pattusarees. but wedding sarees redesigning is not that much easy.. because our sarees are too heavy... recently i searched in olx.com . some people are solding their sarees, is it really possible ? i have 5 kanchipuram sarees except wedding saree. i really dont understan what to do with that 5 sarees.. hmm..

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I did not buy a very very expensive saree though it is fully embroidered (Benarasi silk).

yes, it is kind of sleeping nicely packed in tissue and saree bag. I have worn it a couple of times at weddings.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Keep them...later you can turn them into lehenga cholis for daughters.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

I gave it away. The current owner is very happy with it. Better than collecting dust in my closet.

7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Stores are selling heavy silk cushion covers, bedspreads, jari pouches , but one needs a good tailor to turn old saris into useful stuff !

8. Johnwinston

Johnwinston Junior IL'ite

Online shopping is the easiest way of purchasing the any items according to our requirements. If you are not comfortable then you can try top online shopping sites. I purchased five sarees online and each sarees cost more than 10,000. But I am satisfied from these sarees.

9. Nikita009

Nikita009 New IL'ite

wow,It looks stunning ,so striking.again to say,the Wedding Sarees in India is the most beautiful dress for wedding.We wear wedding dress in our country,mayi ask astupid question,will all brides in India wear Wedding Sarees on their big day?

10. aranyask

aranyask New IL'ite

A girl need should be two things – classy and fabulous. As in any wedding, no one outshines the bride. But for her mom, she should be in traditional yet with a contemporary look.