1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH celebrates over my mistakes....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by heron, Oct 22, 2013.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

As usual I start the thread with.....Basically he is a good and caring person. But has some traits which temporality put me low.

We were streaming a movie yesterday and our unlimited package network stopped. So I put some data into my phone and tethered the data to watch the movie.
    I recharged around 50$ and continued the movie...and it ran out in another 30 min!!!!! I was shocked and asked DH why it happened. He said "Did you turn off my computer?. I had some downloads and they might have eaten the data"...yes, I remember his saying that but I was in rush and was tired. He just said "off my computer"...so I thought I could do it later. I did not know there were downloads.

Now, he celebrates over the fact that I wasted 50$ of his money (new mom, housewife) and he says it for every incident. I don't often lose things, I may seem to be careless but I keep track of everything.

Let me tell you what he lost during this 2 years, left 500$ coat in plane, Samsung galaxy lost in his office, forgot to get the water checked in the car so the engine overheated and burst and we had to replace the whole engine around $2500, ipad $600(he put it on the seat and didn't lock his car). Lost the recipt of a air travel thus cabt claim 500$.

I wuld hate to remember all the above. But why wont a sentence "Don't worry, sometimes it happens"come out of him?.....I did pacified him for all the above and I never repeated that he lost things. I know 50$ is money, but sometimes..it does happen!. God know what wud happen if I lost so many things. This constant remainder will last for a few days or until he loses something.

Ladies, I am not asking to give me ideas on how to explain him.
    I want to know how to keep your chin up when someone right now is on rampage to put you down.

~ luv u ladies!
    heron

2 people like this.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Life is give and take...
    Always keep the ball in your court means next time never give a chance to him to anything...thats it..
    Some men we cann't change
    And if you show that his comments bothers u, then he will do more. It is human nature.
    Ignore with a smile and go, he will stop commenting...

1 person likes this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Laugh it off! Remind him of the ipad that he lost...tease him about it. he may get the hint.

4 people like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Exactly what Parvathi says. I laugh it off; make fun of myself; agree with totally and solemnly; shift the blame/ joke subtly to him. It seems to deflate the fun out of teasing me. Sometimes having a good laugh about my mistakes helps too...

5. sg23

sg23 Bronze IL'ite

Tell him sarcastically/humorously (depending on situation), that his carelessness has rubbed off on u...hopefully he'll take the hint and he wont celebrate ur mistakes again...

7 people like this.
  6. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Is this the first time you happen to have such behavior from him?

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Say, Yes I did, my fault, accepting, What next? What you want for tomorrows lunch? I now have lot of works to do....:coffee and go start doing your works :cheers

1 person likes this.
  8. malarg

malarg Senior IL'ite

At the home one should be comfortable in making small mistakes like the ones you said...losing Internet data package etc.......!! Afterall every one learns from his/her mistakes. Has your DH descended down from heaven ? Does he not know 'to err is human. ' ?

9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

take print outs of your current profile pic and hand a copy of it to him for each teaser. :p

4 people like this.
  10. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

I think the best way to put up with such situations is well i do that all the time if anyone is trying to put me down and mocking at me.I say "Hey come on don't feel so J[jealous] of me" ;-)

And this really irks the other person and i have the last laugh. Of course i say in a teasing manner. But my god sometimes i just cant control my laugh seeing their annoyed faces.:2thumbsup:

Chill dear...no one can really ever put you down unless you allow it,so never allow it.

1 person likes this.