Help on Eczema!!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by fellowblogger, Oct 13, 2013.

1. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

hello everyone,

My family recently relocated from US to India. My 5yr old DD has eczema from the time she was 3m old. it was well under control and even after we came to india for a month she was fine but now for the past one month she has severe outbreak of rashes she scratches through out the day n wakes up midnight and she will scratch continuously for 2-3hrs....I had got some Aquaphor bottles for her to moisturize but even that dosent seem to help much now but earlier when she used to scratch while in US if I immediately apply Aquaphor she used to be fine...I am not sure what caused this outbreak of rashes for her. Not much changes in her diet. I want to ask mom's whose kids suffer with eczema couple of questions:

1.what soap or body wash do u use for your child. I have a feeling that JNJ from india is what caused the outbreak for her...so can any1 suggest a substitute please??

2. what detergent do you use to wash your kids cloths? is there a no fragrance one available in india?

3. is there any home remedy for eczema?

any help on this will really really help because we are spending sleepless nights here, it's so hard to watch you kid suffer like this. I am scared to visit a dermatologist because we haven't been to any for her in india, they will prescribe new set of ointments and creams and then we have to do so trial n error n by the time we settle on something I don't know how much her skin would get affected. and moreover I don't know any good dermatologist in Bangalore. Can anyone please suggest one if you are aware? Thank you so much

2. riyazt

riyazt New IL'ite

In my knowledge you want find out what is allergy to your kid that's hard to find out so u want o try hard...and avoid it ( in my experience i had changed my bathing soap to glycerin content)

3. fellowblogger

thanks for your reply riyaz....can u please tell me the name of the soap?

4. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Best solution is cortisico steroids.

Hydrocortizone cream with 1 percent is 40rs at any medical shop.

Stronger dosage would be betamethasone dipropionate.
    500 to 1000rs. It will clear off in a week.

You should go to a doctor.

5. Renunatraj

Renunatraj Silver IL'ite

For eczema never use jnj products. Use onky soap. Jnj oroducts increases the eczema. Detergents use only mild detergents with no scents or chemicals.

6. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, My so has the same thing. I use organic oatmeal soap and lotion. Plus I use Purex detergent with out scent and perfumes. I have also eliminated foods with traces of peanuts since he is allergic. We do not go out to eat because of this and we watch what he puts in his mouth and on his body.

I would also suggest that you speak to the doctor as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

7. fellowblogger

thank you for your reply misspink. but I doubt whether we will get any organic stuff in india...but I will try my best to look for it

8. fellowblogger

Thanks K11 for your advice. I have got cortisone cream from US. but that dosent seem to help this time, earlier it used to give her a lot of relief, now all of a sudden nothing seems to work on her. that makes me suspect that something else is triggering her eczema and I am breaking my head to figure that out. she is not allergic to any food according to tests.....even otherwise don't you think these steroid ointments cause skin thinning due to excessive use?i am scared about that.

9. fellowblogger

where do I get these onky soaps?have never heard of it before....do we get this in india?

10. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Cortisone cream 1% from india or us will not help a lot if it is severe.

Try the stronger one. 1week twice a day.

Steroid is just in a name. Nothing to get scared off.

Also the cream I mentioned is anti fungal as well.