1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which type of Mattress good in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mallikaonline, Apr 17, 2012.

1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Has anyone tried platform beds? that is without box spring?

We r using very firm mattress with box spring from sleepys and for the past few yrs it was good. dont buy the soft ones, with pillow top etc, all that are not firm enough. sometimes i get good sleep when i sleep on the floor with few comforters layed on the floor...:)

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I like a bed less stiff than I think you might but I prefer my futuon on the slat base and not platform. If you want stiffer than platform would be good. I have found that the slats give slightly while sleeping and it is more comfortable for me....it is on a wood futon sofa and all my guests report good sleep on it. The original futon (it was a cheap set from KMart ) was too thin and I replaced it with a good Simmons 8 inch futon.

3. jains

jains New IL'ite

I will be moving to USA, will have container. Does it make sense to ship from here? need inputs on these:
    a) existing coir based firm mattresses, time tested, no back pain etc ..
    b) I believe sizing for typical mattress in USA is different, so will need to carry matching bed also from india
    c) in case, we decide to try out US type mattress (Sealy probably) will that fit onto india kingsize bed? if not, are there easy way to alter them to reuse the bed? or we have to use box springs?