August 2013 moms -to- be;;;)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by srd24, Dec 4, 2012.

1. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hey PS, thnx for always remembering me. time seems really short for me, thts why i couldnt post here.

we both are doing fine, hope the same from you.

i tried giving bottle, but my LO couldnt latch upon it, not a big deal, i will exclusively BF now.

what about you? how are you doing?

1 person likes this.
  2. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi !!
    1 tsp methi seeds soaked in a glass of water overnight ..u can have them in the morning..
    5 almonds a day ...

Hows everything going.. my boys are 6 weeks old now
    :)

1 person likes this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Pink sugar,

What you've said is exactly true. I did both ways. Am a working mom and as my DS learnt bottle as well so I was able to go to office, pump and bring milk home for my DS.

1 person likes this.
  4. AnithaPartha

Hi,

In 2009, I bought and I've used medela breast pump. I found it very useful that time. But, 2 pumps were available too by that time... Is it not available now? I thought now for competition many pumps would have come.. but still it is leading.. good to hear.. hopefully, will buy the same one for my LO...

5. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

was unable to post anything for some days as i got "de quervain's tendonitis"-severe wrist pain from holding and lifting baby. its also known as mommies thumb or mothers wrist. horrible condition.it became so severe that i was not able to use laptop and do daily tasks like opening bottle etc. and that too on both hands:(.though its improving now i feel so sad that i am still unable to lift my baby without pain.hope i get normal soon and enjoy all the mommy tasks soon.anyone know home remedy or correct posture links pls share..

6. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

anitha

thanks for sharing ur experience. double pump is avaible but i dint get it coz i dint know how much i will use it and since double is very costly i settled for single one. now i feel i shd hv invested in a double one. anyway managing with single one now..

7. AnithaPartha

Pinksugar,
    I see it.. So, how much did you spend for Medela single pump? In detination maternity, for 2 pumps they said its $299.. I may also end up buying single pump only after delivery.. Between, where did you get one?

8. zaara1

zaara1 Senior IL'ite

6teenpearls - How are you? Good to know you are exclusively BF. :)

pinksugar -
    Sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better soon.
    I haven't been able to login to IL much these last few days, my son is very demanding.

No, I did not purchase a pump. We were gifted one, the Avent manual breast pump. I have been using it for the past 10 days or so. I pump about 8X a day and in each session, I manage to pump a minimum of 70 - 80 ml and a maximum of 90 - 100 ml. And, this is from both sides. But, my son demands more, a lot more. I have figured he needs at least 110 - 120,130 ml per feed. And, sometimes, I am having to BF the remaining ml or use formula. For me, the whole point of pumping was not having to use formula at all and I need to get back to work quite soon. So, now, I am planning to invest in a double electric breast pump and I am torn between the Avent double electric and the Medela Pump In Style Advanced.
    Can you please answer these questions for me so I can take a decision?
    - How much milk are you able to express per feeding session?
    - How long does a session last?
    - Does a single session involve pumping from one side alone or from both?
    - Does the amount of milk you express per session satisfy your baby's hunger for that particular feed?
    - Do you feel the need to supplement with formula?
    - How many times do you pump in 24 hours and has frequent pumping helped increase your milk supply?
    - How do you sterilize the pump parts? Do you use a sterilizer or just boiling water? What is the routine you follow? I mean, pump, rinse, again sterilize for next session? Isn't it a very time consuming process?
    - How often do you clean the parts in warm soapy water, once a day or before each pumping session?
    - How often do you sterilize the parts, before each pumping session?
    - Do the parts have to be completely dry before each pumping session?

I will be very very grateful to you if you can answer the above queries for me.

Regards
    Zaara

9. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi all... I just wanted to ask my doubt regarding breast feeding. How does your breast milk start post delivery? Does the doctor or nurse have to do anything to induce it? Am being so concerned about this because mine would be a planned c section and wanted to know how does the body know that it has to produce breast milk since the birth is not vaginally? Sorry if my doubt seems weird.. Pls clarify! TIA :)

10. zaara1

zaara1 Senior IL'ite

Suganvijay
    Congratulations, you are having twins!! :)

In my experience, nothing needs to be done. Milk flow will happen automatically. Well, not milk, technically, it is colostrum, whitish and not as thick as milk. The day i had my c section i dont remember much, i was so numb, i just slept. But, the next day onwards, the nurses encouraged me to breastfeed and i slowly started getting the hang of it. The first few days, it is maddening, at least was for me, seems like baby wants to feed ALL the time. But, like everyone says, yes, it does get better. So, there. Nothing to worry. I hope it is not too different in the case of twins. Try talking to your doctor/nurse if it will help you feel prepared before the delivery.

Regards
    Zaara

1 person likes this.