1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Scam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Great Scam

Just got the news that Laloo Prasad Yadav has been convicted in the 40 crores scam, and the sentencing is due soon. It is a pleasant surprise to hear him being convicted for one thought that in India politicians go scott free.

Now about this scam, here are some interesting facts that I read in the papers.

The first one was this. The fodder itself, say a cow weighed 200 kgs, it was shown it ate some 599 kgs of fodder every day, much more than its own weight.

Al so cows get sick and have to be taken to hospitals in trucks for treatment. Now here was the second scandal. Cows were shown to be sick, and taken to hospitals. But here was the mistake made. They were shown carted on scooters and mopets , can u believe that ? And the money was siphoned as paid as transportation. Here ishow it happened.

The minister told his say 10 year old son, that go outside and note down the registration number of all vehicles that pass by. And I will give u 5./- per registration number that u bring to me.

Now the son noted down the nos of mopeds, scooters, buses, cars or whatever that moved on wheels . These numbers were used to show , that cows were transported in these vehicles to vet hospitals for treatment and each vehicle owner was paid say 2000 per trip.

The son did not know why papa needed the numbers,., he was interested in his reward of 5 bucks per number. This is where the scam came out in the open, when a 300 kgs cow was transported on two wheelers. HAHA

In fact cows got less fodder, but this was fodder for Laloo and his ministers, to fatten themselves at our expense. What a scheme eh !

So when Laloo became the Railway minister, I was skeptical of his ways of working,a nd I wondered when will he bankrupt the already bankrupt railways, but wonder of wonders , he made them make a profit. And he was called all over the world to give lectures eh !

In New York, he is claimed to have told a New York Times reporter, that I don’t wear underwear !!!! And when someone asked him how come u have a dozen kids, he said, I don’t know, u see when my wife is sleeping on a cot, and if I just go around the cot, she gets pregnant. Talk about flying pollen and sperms eh !

I was talking to a railway officer, and telling him about how good laloo is as a railway minister and how I am impressed with his turning the railways into profit, and he told me a few thins that I did not know.

He said laloo has done a few things on the sly. For example the cancellations used to be like minimum 20/- if u do it say a few days before the due date, now he has made it a flat 100 bucks, but without any announcement. Also he has increased the Tatkal ticket quota, and each ticket fetches the tatkal charges of 300 , and he charges full fare from starting to end fare, irrespective of where u book the ticket from. Say point to point the charge is 1600, but if u book the inbetween stations, where the fare should be say 500/- in tatkal he will charge u 1600 full, and in cancellation, u gives u zero. So it is all jugglery and so good the public has not got a whiff of it.

His was a small scam of under a 1000 crores, the 2 g scam and others are in lakhs of crores, so laloo must be pissed off, tha the bigger fish got away and he gets punishment for smaller crimes. Who knows he might sing a song, while inside,which gives sleepless nights to the others ruling out. Wait and watch, Laloo is a slippery customer, u cant keep himlocked inside for long.

But he is surely a colourful character, and even though he comes across as a comedian on TV, I feel he is very smart, so wait and watch his next moves, I am sure they will be very very interesting.

KAMAL MAHTANI

The difference between in-laws and outlaws?
    Outlaws are wanted.

Alcohol is a perfect solvent:
    It dissolves marriages, families and careers.
    They say that alcohol kills slowly.
    So what? Who's in a hurry ?
    There was a man who said,
    "I never knew what happiness was until I got married...
    and then it was too late..

 
    Arab :
    Your daughter is beautiful
    If u let me marry her
    I will
    give u gold
    equal to her weight
    Sindhi :
    I need time
    Arab :
    To think?
    Sindhi:
    No..
    to help her gain weight

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Very strange But True

The Prime minister of this country is Economist,

The President is Economist ,

Finance minister is Economist,

And..
    Governor of the Reserve Bank is also Economist ..

Even Then country's economy is sinking ...
    Moral : Too many cooks will spoil the food. .
    Manmohan Singh to write an autobiography titled
    "5 Mistakes Of My Life:
    2G, 3G, Sonia G, Rahul G &
    Rahul ke jija G!"[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

English Shaayari
    Purely Scientific......
    Gaur farmaiye.
    When U Breathe, U Respire.
    Wah wah
    When U Breathe, U Respire !
    Wah wah kya baat hai
    When u Don't Breathe,
    U Expire.
    Subhanallah ��

Sum say whisky is risky,
    sum say whisky bina zindgi miss ki.

But I say -rum, beer ho ya whisky,
    koi nahi hai "wife" se jayda risky,

ab ye mat puchhana "kisky
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

8 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Kamalji.

After 23 years verdict has been given - unlucky Lalu surprisingly alive to be in prison - time & tide wait for none but Lalu waited :)

3. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Lalloo is pretty smart! I feel he would get away by threatening congress that he will let their secrets out. We have to wait and see. Degrees or education of the politician cant help. Our country is being governed by bunch of criminals.

As usual the jokes were too good. I remember this joke were a kid fails in 2nd grade. Father scolds the kid and says if he doesn't study he cant find a job, progress in life. Kid replies that he is qualified to become a politician! Thats the state of our country

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamalji, for my part I was certainly surprised when I read the news! Somehow I had assumed he had immunity and had even heard I think that one day he will be the PM of the country!

Enjoyed the jokes as always!

1 person likes this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Surprised to know, thought that politicians were above law when it came to convictions!! they just face a charge, may be go to jail and then with a bail it is all done;-)

Lets see what happens with this one.

Enjoyed the jokes :)

6. rasikapriyan

rasikapriyan Bronze IL'ite

Good one.

As you can read from the below link, there is a very good interview by the Investigating Officer [Mr.Rakesh Asthana] of this Fodder Scam. It is beyond our normal brain's imagination the ingenious ways adopted by these crooks to loot our money.

Exclusive: Fodder scam investigator speaks out - Rediff.com News

I wonder if there is any provision at all in law to recover such huge amounts looted.

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Sabhitha.. where did you hear this???.. our country is already ruled by jokers now you saying that all citizens have become idiots too to vote lalu as PM..
    GOD HELP US!!!
    Kerman

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji
    haven't read papers since past 2 days.. so didn't know the news.. Laloo is a slippery character and a seasoned politician he will get his way around.. but look at the flip side.. in Jail on the tax payers expense he will get 5 star hotel food.. a ac suite prison cell.. WIFI etc free and complete Z type security.. so may be for a change woh thora andar ja ke ayenge.. what say??
    Kerman

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, enjoyed reading both, about Laloo as well as the jokes. But I genuinely doubt anything will happen to Laloo. As you say, he is a slippery customer and contrary to his name, he is no Laloo - he is far to smart. He will get away. That is the tragedy of our country.

10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

you are right Kamalji....hes way too smart.
    Scam is just one of his hobbies...he got a young boy killed too.The guy's only fault was he loved Laloo's daughter.Shocking isnt it!!

Btw kamalji
    did you hear Sanjay Dutt is getting Parole??
    I really thought you'll come up with a snippet on his parole.

I luv reading your snippets sir.....your snippets are sooo much better than the newspapers.