Finest Posts- October 2013 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Viji amma and EverHappy,

I am soooo happy and elated to get nominated :-D I never thought or expected, but am super happy that you found it good enough for nomination. Thanks amma and thanks EH :)

Dear Sri uncle,
    Thank you :) though I am an occasional visitor to snippets, you and all of our friends here have always made me feel right at home :) thanks uncle :)

2 people like this.
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sats ,
    thank you ! There could be two ways of dismissing the post ..1) 'Poor Mindi is potty... talking to the plants indeed' accompanied with a sad shake of your head 2) 'My dear friend sure lives in an enchanted world where the plants talk to her, birds sing to her and the works. May she be blessed to enjoy them all...'

And thanks dear buddy, for choosing the second one.:)

Dear cheeniya sir,

Many thanks for endorsing what Sats has said.

But I felt sorry for the aunty from Mindi's opposite house who she did not miss. I am sure that the aunty in wanting to establish communication with Mindi is mistaking Mindi for a fern!

:rotfl But Believe me,If you knew her you wouldn't feel bad for her...

4 people like this.
  3. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello

I am here with my first nomination for the very first time... I want to nominate superwoman's poem TANHAYI http://www.indusladies.com/forums/regional-poetry/234168-tanhayi.html... The reason i feel is every women passes through such a phase once in her life... She has got everything and probably everyone too, but still the lonliness feeling...

Dont know if i have done it correctly....

Thanks
    Swathi

1 person likes this.
  4. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Pranati, thanks for the nomination. But it was already nominated last month and I don't know whether the moderators will accept the nomination for a second month

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Your post was nominated last month and is being nominated this month too! Goes to show how popular it is!

For your info, a post can be nominated any number of times as it shows that someone has read and liked it so much that they wish to nominate it. Who are we to say that since it was liked and nominated previously, do not like and nominate it again?? A hit is a hit in any month..We have had posts being nominated again and again, a recent example is that of Kamalji's 'Chutki'. So, this nomination is accepted and all is fine.

L, Kamla

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swathiyer,

Thank you for nominating Superwoman's super 'Tanhayi' The word 'tanhayi' always reminds me of our superstar Amitabh Bachchan's 'mein aur meri tanhayi, aksar baatein karte hain'.....Don't know what it is about that word, it wakes the poet in you!

However, I regret to inform you that we cannot accept it for an FP nomination as it is written in Hindi/Urdu. The post should actually be in the Regional Languages section as it qualifies as a regional language.

But, I did enjoy reading it!

L, Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Those of you who are following closely our Finest Post forum may have noticed some confusion here...which happened just a few minutes ago!

I am back from my little break and was enthused about making my presence felt here and replied to the last two nominations. My partner and buddy (his words!!) was doing his usual thing and also replying to the nominations and both of us noticed the other's reply the instant we posted and deleted! All at the same time!

So, him being chivalrous and all ( yes, chivalrous!!), withdrew his posts and let mine be! I know I know, many of you must be shaking your heads in disappointment. Who can resist his posts!! But then, I beg your pardon and that of my partner's for this comedy of errors and ask you to bear with me! :)

Aaaah, this world of fast technology!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir and Kamla ma'am,

Please accept my nomination of Maddy's
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/222203-psycology-of-abusers-manipulators.html

It is a wake-up call for all of us who continue to put up with abuse time and time again and keep fooling ourselves each time that 'All izz well'!

This thread was created in June by Maddy from a response she had given in another thread and I saw it today in October(thanks to a recent post by Maddy) ! It is possible many others have missed it as well. I hope many more will read this thread now ,and also come forward and share/contribute to it!

Kudos,Maddy..more power to you!

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.