1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

who is harder to raise? boys or girls ????

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Sep 30, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I was talking to my friend and she has a girl .she is always nervous and keeps saying how she is going to raise a girl in the "big,bad world!!".she keeps saying she would be so lucky if she had a boy since less stress..

is it true?

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

No, its not true. Boys and girls come with different sets of 'problems' if you insist on calling it a problem. Aruna, its true that its probably stressful when a girl comes to teenage; like things with dating etc will creep up. In case of boys, parents would be worried about bad company/ drugs etc.

7 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Rakhii

Thats exactly what came to my mind.
    Yours is 10 on 10 answer :clap:

2 people like this.
  4. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

OP,

It is hard to raise a GOOD and PERFECT child, be it a girl or a boy.

Your friend seems much influenced by the heinous crimes going on in the society these days. Her worries are rational.

4 people like this.
  5. Khanaksmom

Khanaksmom Silver IL'ite

I have a friend who also constantly says that girls are good and well behaved (I have a daughter of the same age as her son) BUT she doesn't realise the hard work I have done in disciplining her. Which I think is amiss in her household. I think the differences arise when they reach puberty otherwise both are same: push them to eat, work with their studies, take them to play for their good physical growth, etc. etc. As far as good company and safety is concerned... I don't think parents of boys are any less concerned about their sons' safety and friends group etc. One must focus on raising well behaved and responsible children and the amount of hard work that goes is the same! I believe! Both can be pampered to limits and both can spoil as well to limits.

3 people like this.
  6. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Atleast at some point , a girl child or a teenage girl will openly talk to her mom about her issues .It only depends on her break even point.Whereas I think in case of a boy,they will hardly be open enough to do it.They trust their friends more than their parents and unfortunately they end up in a mess.

However may it be a boy or a girl,it all depends on how the parents groom them.

Rama

1 person likes this.
  7. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Since you are Milpitas, we should meet :) Can you please share here how you disciplined your girl child?

8. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Does not matter girl or boy. Its ultimately the personality of the kid. The more rebellious the tougher it is for the parents. My daughter has been rebellious from day 1. So, I am mentally prepared for bouts of anger and rebellion during teenage :)

9. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Boy or girl... parents task is like himalaayan task... everyday new things crops up... very challenging...

revathi

1 person likes this.
  10. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Very true.

Rama