The "Great Indian" Puzzle Thread!

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by priyum, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Sorry for the delay post dear PRIYUM ......Yester day i dint surfed in the net,thats the cause ic ant reply you.....

Ur score is right
    PREETHI - 4/4
    GAYATHRI - 3/4

2. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

hi dear Sonia ,

Sorry for not replying you ....As i told in the previous post ,i have just logged in today ,sorry for made you to wait..I think so you are satisfied with PREETHI's explanation...

Have a nice day.....keep solving puzzles!!!

3. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

Todays puzzle.

First, thanks nalini for posting the scores... i had updated but still wanted to be sure.

NOw for todays puzzle...........

?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    I am puzzled why nobody has posted any puzzle today......
    Everybody merrymaking ... with the onset of Christsmas and New Year Eve?

Priyum

4. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

Now The Real One

BAGS

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TR style="HEIGHT: 61.6pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 0.95in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=91>RED
    RED
    RED

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 0.5in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=48>

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 63pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=84>RED
    RED
    WHITE

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 0.5in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=48>

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 63pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=84>RED
    WHITE
    WHITE

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 1in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 61.6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=96>WHITE
    WHITE
    WHITE

(Assume the above boxes are bags... that is the best I could do with my miniscule knowledge of graphics and computers.... Wonder what sunkan would have done with this... )

Mr. Singsong distributed out 4 bags to Allan, Brian, Charlie and David. He said: Each of you have a bag of red and/or white balls. Every bag has 3 balls. The numbers of red balls in all bags are different. Even each bag has a label to indicate what each bag contains, all labels are completely wrong. Now, you can take out 2 balls out from the bag and then tell me what is the color of the third ball.

Allan took out 2 red balls from his bag. After he compared the label he told Mr. Singsong what the color of the third ball was immediately.

Brian took out 1 red ball and 1 white ball from his bag. After he compared the label he told Mr. Singsong what the color of the third ball was immediately also.

Charlie took out 2 white balls from his bag. After he compared the label, he could not tell what color of the third ball was.

However, David said to Mr. Singsong: I can tell what color of all my 3 balls are. He did it correctly. But how?

Also, can you tell what label said and what kind of balls each person had?

priyum

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  5. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Priyum

One clarification I need...
    They took the bags in the same order like Allan-1st bag what u drew here, Brain-2nd bag etc, or any bag they can take?

Gayathri.

6. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Priyum

Now I understood.
    Ignore the previous post.
    Thanku.

Gayathri..

7. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Priyum....One Trail.....

r-red
    w-white
    A----2 red-----rrw/rrr-----so rrr, label-rrw
    B----1r,1w-----rrw/rww-----so rrw, label-rww
    C----2w--------www/rww-----so he couldnt tell www/rww label-rrr
    D----remaining-----www-----so rww label-www

Explanation:
    Allan took the bag with label Red,Red,White. He took 2 red balls. So the third ball is red. (Since all labels are wrongly attached)
    Brian took the bag with label Red,White,White. He took 1 red and 1 white. So the third ball is Red.
    Charli took the bag with label Red,Red,Red. He took 2 white balls. So he couldnt tell whether the bag has 3 white balls or 2 white and one red.
    David took the bag with label white,White,White. So as Charli couldnt tell any thing, compared to his label, he can tell that bag contains Red,White,White balls.

Am I correct?:confused:

Gayathri.

8. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Solution !

V. Interesting Puzzle Priyum...

Ok, am guessing my answers ! Let me know.

Allen took 2 Red Balls. So he could either have RRW or RRR balls. RRR becomes false if label is RRW, hence Allen label is RRW and balls RRR.

Brian took 1 White and 1 Red ball. So he could either have WRW or WRR balls. WRR becomes falls if his label is WWR, hence Brian label is WWR and balls WRR.

Charile took 2 White balls, but could not guess.
    The possibility is that he has either WWR or WWW balls.

David guessed his balls and labels. This is how he did.

The only balls left out are WWW and WWR. And labels on them could either be RRR and WWW. If Charlie had three white balls in the bag and the label said the same its false. So Charlie had label of RRR withe WWW balls inside. So David is left with WWR balls with label of WWW in it.

To Summarise.

Name- Balls - Label
    Allen - RRR - RRW
    Brian - WRR - WWR
    Charlie - WWW - RRR
    David - WWR - WWW

Love,
    Preethi

9. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

preethi and gayatri

Both of u,

sorry I am quite busy at work today.

Will go through ur answers ( and first understand the actual solution) and then let u know.

Kindly dont mind.

( Gosh... u both are so fast.........)

Priym

10. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi priyum .
    since morning i was waiting for the new puzzle . but nobody post it . an now when i open my pc i saw ur puzzle with the ans . okk so let me also try this .

Allan took out 2 red balls from his bag. After he compared the label he told Mr. Singsong what the color of the third ball was immediately.
    means either she has frm bag no 1 or 2 . and if her label is incorrect that means she has bag no 2 . means she has 3 red balls but the label is 2 red and one white .

Brian took out 1 red ball and 1 white ball from his bag. After he compared the label he told Mr. Singsong what the color of the third ball was immediately also.means either frm bag 2 or 3 . if his label is incorrect that means he has bag no 3 .he has two red and one white ball but the label is one red and two white.

Charlie took out 2 white balls from his bag. After he compared the label, he could not tell what color of the third ball was.means frm bag no 3 or 4 . if his label is incorrect that means his bag no is 4 .charlie has 3 white balls but the label is 3 reds.

so now david has one red and two white but the label is 3 white balls .

i tried my best to clear the points . still if u hv doubt do tell me .nad let me know i am right or not ??