January 2014 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by suganvijay, May 9, 2013.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Even Am planning to put mehendi to my hands for valaikaapu :)

2. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Hi girls..
    am so happy to read about each one'S prep for the DAY.. May you all have the best times of ur life that day.

Is anyone experiencing hip joint pain especially if walking or changing position while sleeping? I have been facing it for 2 days. Will ask my doctor on my appointment on tuesday.

3. KHaridraK

KHaridraK Silver IL'ite

Nava,

Ya the bleeding had stopped, Dr told me 2 include more veggies, fruits, spinach !

Dr said abdominal, leg pain are common now since r body is undergoin various changes in this trimester, don't worry
    Dear...I enquired abt that yesterday since sometimes I feel my legs r numb, pain in pelvic region...

Hmm...getting ready 4 ur big day, njoy..relax urself as much as possible, u'll def luk gr8 durin ur baby shower da!

2 people like this.
  4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Ni nava! Thnx for noticing me..

I had not shared my birth story as yet here, as i am not able to get time out of my busy schedule.

But will try to make it short here.

13th aug: went for internal check up, note that i was 38 weeks 3 days. Check up was painful and had cramping the whole day with very little brown blood. Didnt bother.

At night didnt have sound sleep due to cramps, then i noticed these cramps were in a pattern so took my cell fone and started to time the contractions which were 6 mins apart, then after a couple of hours 5 mins apart.
    I had read somewher that walking increases contractions if they are actual labour,. So i got up to go to washroom, and had a little walk, till now i didnt wake up my DH.
    At 5 my contractions were 4 mins apart , now i knew i had to wake up my hubby and called my parents, rushed to emergency.

14th aug: doc checked and declared that i should deliver till evening today, happy as well as nervous. Pains were bearable. Only 2 cms dilated and baby was at station -3.

Doc asked me to walk and walk. Did the same till 2 in afternoon when doc asked me again to check. Now 4 cms dilated but baby at same station. But dilation progressed and it was a positive sign.
    Sent me to room as she felt i still had time.
    Rested at room till 5:30 when my water broke , rushed to LR.
    Nw they gave me pitocin to increase contractions.

Contractions increased and very very painful tilland even i started bleeding with every contraction.
    Doc didnt seem concerned and said till morning u will deliver.

Very painful and un bearable and bleeding increased, but labor dint progress further . I was 4 cms n -3 till 11 at night.

I was crying for csec since 8 and now at 11 doc agreed and gave birth to little muhammad at 11:38. Alhamdulillah!!!

Sorry in earlier post i had mentioned different time, and for also making post longer whle i wanted to keep it short.

11 people like this.
  5. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Btw plz any one tell me , is this rectal bleeding cured on its own?
    I too noticed it but only a few days ago.
    I am not having constipation or any issue just bleeding, hw and why this occured i dont know.

6. suganvijay

Hi Pearls! Such a relief reading your story! :)because I see that you delivered by 38 weeks. I always in an impression that babies born before 40 weeks are called premature.. God Bless the cute lil one..!! How is the breast feeding going on ? Have loads of questions in mind.. But dont wanna pour everything in one shot.. We still have 3 months time and therefore will ask you one by one! ;)
    btw did you have any sutures down there when they tried for Normal ?

1 person likes this.
  7. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi Pearls...

Its a mixture of feeling to read the birth story... Excitement,anxiousness.. etc etc... I really appreciate your boldness of monitoring the contractions without waking husband... I would have created a chaos and woke up whole city :) .All ended up well... Thank god .

Rectal bleeding, I had it without any constipation issue. Once it stopped on its own, when I took too much of veggies... like raw carrot, cucumber, water melon,fresh juices, tender coconut in empty stomach and more importantly probiotic yogurt. Next time when I got it, doctor gave me Duphalac syrup which acts as stool loosner.

I think our body will be too hot internally that is dehydrating and causing such issues...Drink more water...
    Take care

1 person likes this.
  8. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

wow ladies.. i am glad and envious of all those who are having seemantham next month!! Congratulations and enjoy the pampering and all the fun of purchasing sarees, jewelry ,bangles etc :)

congratulations Pearl and thanks for sharing your birthstory. it helps us ( i mean First time pregnant ladies) like sort of give preview of what to expect about labor and delivery and mentally prepare ourself.

btw i also apply Anoos henna on my hair (once in a month or so) to control dandruff naturally.. i didn't know it has some effect on Aminotic fluid..will try to be careful not to apply on scalp ! Thanks for bring it up

these days i am experience leg cramps when i get up in the morning with legs in straight position ( i have pregnancy pillow so though i sleep on my back ,my right side is slightly higher which tilts me towards left side as well as giving me the comfort of sleeping on my back..i am so used to sleeping on my back prior to Pregnancy so made this arrangement to get some sleep without having to worry about baby getting suffocated with sleeping on my back)..it subsides after few minutes once i slowly turn on my left side and bend my legs from straight position..my gynec dismisses everything saying this is normal in pg..so i guess i have to get used to sleeping carefully in order to avoid leg cramps..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. suganvijay

Hi all! How is it going ?? My heartburns are getting bad day by day :'( if this continues I planned to call my doctor on the same.. Any of you having this issue if so.. What are you all doing to avoid this !??? Trust me it hurts so bad that I can't lie down also... Though the old wives tales associates having heartburn to hair growth in baby. To the extent am having these burns it looks like am going to rear 2 hairy teddy bears... Lol.but someone pls suggest me something for this! :(

10. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Thanks sugan. nava, skyinsc and all others for liking my post.

@sugan: the first contractions were barely any painful, just like braxton hicks with little cramps, so i managed to not to wake up hubby, till i found something more serious.
    and regarding sutures, please note that i was not dilated beyond 4cms, and baby was still at -3 , so had no stretching of vagina or something, but i feel, the issue of rectal bleeding might be bcz of this uterine pressure.
    And as far as delivering at 38 weeks is concerned, then you know that baby is full term as you complete 37 weeks, and that means the baby is ready for birth.
    dont go with weeks calculations, but go with the calculations our elder say, that is month by month calculation, my mother and every elder female says, even if you deliver the next day of completing 8th month, your baby can survive, and this definitely gives hope.
    according to this method i had only 4 days left to complete my 9th month, so it was the perfect time.

one more thing i wanna tell you is, exactly a day before i just didnt think that i will deliver the next day, even on the regular visit(on 13th) doc didnt feel that i would delivery anywhere soon, so dont misinterpret any kind of pain or discomfort at the last phase of pregnancy, that could probably signal a labor.

@nava: yes, as you said i too feel i might be dehydrated, as i can gulp 2 to 3 lts a day very easily but still i am left thirsty everytime. may be breastfeeding makes us thirsty.

@skyinsc: i too read so many birth stories, but believe me, the labor is far away from what we can think. but i will request you all to be patient as i wasnt , and it helps a lot in that phase.
    wish u all a good luck!!

2 people like this.