Friends in Yokohama

Discussion in 'Indians in Japan' started by Hachiko, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I'm back to Japan and this time with my 6months baby.Currently staying in Yokohama.If any Indusladies around this area or Tokyo,kindly contact me.Maybe we can arrange for some meet up.:thumbsup

2. Amanpreet

Amanpreet New IL'ite

Hi there Hachiko!

I live in Kawasaki. i had been teaching at Temple University for last four years but now on break and at home, since I am 29 weeks pregnant.

Amanpreet

1 person likes this.
  3. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi Amarpreet,

Konnichiwa!! Glad to hear from you.Congrats on your pregnancy.So,what you do now during in your free time.I used to go to the Akanchanhonpo in Kawasaki.Great place for baby items.

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

My hubby is moving to Totsuka, Yahokama next month. I will join him in September. Would like to know if any one stays there?

1 person likes this.
  5. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

HI custard,Im staying near Yokohama Station.It's only 10mins train ride from Yokohama station.I saw your query in the other thread regarding Japan.Yokohama and Japan is a nice place to live.definitely you will have great time here.regarding the things you need to bring from India,it's better to bring the cooking items like spices,flours,ingredients and etc.Actually there are Indian groceries shops and restaurant here.But they are very very expensive.If you want to save money,better cook and eat by your own.But once a while I do indulge in outside food.Are you vegetarian or non vege?Im non vege.So,I buy chicken sometimes and cook.Here,Japanese consume beef and pork a lot.It's a big no for us.So,mainly i buy fresh vegetables to cook here.The rest of things,I brought from Malaysia.And once stock finish,I will ask my family members to courier from Malaysia.
    I think you got a wrong info regarding the items to buy and sell here.Japan is one of the country where they encouraged to use recycle items.You can check this website,where they buy and resale used and new items.I bought few of my items,like fridge,washing machine from here.Later on before you moved out from Japan,you can put up your items for sale here.If not you can call up any agent dealing with recycle service and ask them to pick up our items.We have to pay certain amount for the transportation truck.That's all.
    Do let me know,if you need any info.
    Bye

6. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Hachiko,

Thank you so much for the info. I will be in a place called Totsuka. I read that its one of the wards of Yakohama, right? I'm a Vegan (pure Vegetarian) and husband is a Vegetarian. Hope we could manage! Yes, we are planning to cook at home. Will ask you when ever I get doubts.

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Hachiko,

DO u think we can take mixie from India? SOme friends suggested, as its expensive there. I'm not sure of the weight allowed in the flight. Also, will Indian mixie, iron box, etc work there?

8. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

You can't use any electrical appliances from India in Japan due to the difference of electricity voltage .The voltage in India is range from 220-250V,whereas in Japan is 100V. You can buy iron box here in Japan.Indian mixie,I dont think so,you can buy it.So better,grind the items in India itself n bring it over or bring the ready-made one Things are expensive in Japan.But as I mentioned before,you can opt for second-hand value items.
    Regarding the clothes,Summer going to end soon,then followed by Autumn n Winter.It will be very cold here and you have to prepare yourself with winter clothes.You can get affordable clothes in famous Japanese brand clothing line Uniqlo.The branches are everywhere in Japan.
    You can wear what you are comfortable with.It doesn't matter.

1 person likes this.
  9. vijkirsha

vijkirsha Senior IL'ite

Hi Hachiko,

I am silent reader of this forum. We came to Japan 1 and 1/2 months back. Living in atsugi. We need to buy winter clothing for my girl baby 11 months. Tell me some suggestions. Thank you

10. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Mixie is not expensive in Tokyo. Its only 2000-3000yen.

There is sai centre next to Kawasaki station. You can meet 100+ indians in the second or 4th weekend of every month.

In yokohoma also, there is one Shirdi sai centre..loads of indians..