1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I ended my marriage…well not legally, but mentally

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lucky22, Aug 28, 2013.

1. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

I did it; finally….I gathered the courage to tell him I am out of this marriage. Well, actually I told him that I had no more feelings for him. He then started his allegations on me, he accused that I am worst than a prostitute. He claimed a whore has better commitment to her customer than I have towards my husband(those are the exact words he used). He yelled at me that I am the worst ‘Bharata Nari’….well, maybe I am since I put up with all of his physical and verbal abuse until today. I have tried so hard for him to settle down. I have put up with his lies and tolerated when he accused me of bad character and claimed that I have an affair with my colleagues and my friends. So there I go, I am the worst ‘Bharata Nari’…..hmm :bonk

Now, I don’t know if he is going to let go of me so easily. But I have decided that I am not going to compromise anymore, I promised myself that I am going to fight him no matter how hard it is going to be. I am trying to be bold….but from inside, I feel shattered. I feel cheated and lost, and my hands are trembling from the past one hour, ever since I had that conversation. The thought of living alone for the rest of my life is disintegrating me from inside. But I think it is better than the slow poison I have been inducing myself ever since I got married.

Now that I have divorced him mentally....I am in the process of finding a divorce lawyer. I somehow have a feeling this is going to be a long journey. Sorry for the long post but please wish me luck guys, i need all the support I can get at this point.

15 people like this.

2. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

Wish you all luck and God's blessings...

2 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

The toughest part is when the victim decides to say enough is enough. You have climbed that mountain.
    It will get better. All the best.

11 people like this.
  4. CHINCHILLA

CHINCHILLA Gold IL'ite

I appreciate your courage lucky22. God bless you and with you always. Hope and pray for your lovely future. Have a lots of positive thoughts and pretend to be happy now and down the road you will be happy automatically.

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Best Wishes dear.......Be brave and keep posting.

6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

All the very best and all the support to you Lucky2. I'm sure you will emerge stronger and brighter from the whole ordel.

3 people like this.
  7. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

All the best dear. May God give you the strength to overcome your troubles. Hugs.

1 person likes this.
  8. luckyladi

luckyladi Junior IL'ite

9. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Thank you all...Mridhu, Anitap, Chinchilla, yellowmango, sweetshreya, sweetypi & luckyladi. I thank you all so much for your support and encouragement.

10. letsknow

letsknow Silver IL'ite

Just be strong both emotionally and mentally.

1 person likes this.