1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Hi to manju mam,kkrish mam,jeni ,gorgeous,akila,shalu,magee,mahe and sorry if i miss anybody's name.
    Both my kids r keeping me busy though i need rest too. My dd miss her school very badly and she is really bored at my mom's place . Am helping my mom with few chores but not allowed to work with water like washing vessels and washing clothes.

Anyways its still few weeks more to go to my home. Am having sleepless night so am not able to getup even at 10 am in the morning. I donno how am going to wake up early ,cook,and send my dd school on time. For other house chores i can hire a maid but for these i think i dont get help other than my husband .
    It would be nice if u all give ideas to manage baby and toddler as i have to be awake at night to tc of my ds.

All ur updates are nice and inspiring.

4 people like this.
  2. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

hi all !
    my weekend was spent in caring for my dds, the older ones fever relapsed.
    she is still on medication. my todays updates:
    woke up at 7.00am, made kache kele ki sabzi, moong dal & chapatis for DH lunch, daliya for bf, bathed my two dds, folded bedsheets/ made the bed , had bf , dropped the kids at daycare & off to office. my younger dd was crying when i left her & i felt so bad for having to leave her .
    today have to clean out drawers in dressing table ,

3 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi gorgeous, better visit the doctor for your dd as the fever is coming often.Because if some congestion is there in the chest, it will lead to fever(experience from my son) Take care dear. Yes, it is true, mom won't be peaceful if the kid is ill and they need us if they are sick.
    Hi nikkimom, Don't worry. you will manage everything. After your dd started going to school take some rest with your ds. I think that would be the only way.
    Thank you shaluu.

Hi all, Morning woke up at 6:15 , prepared adai, aviyal, pulkas for ds and dh and packed veg and fruit salad . While preparing everything took bath and did pooja. Then went for cycling and then to temple. After bf,segregated and folded the plastic covers. It took 1 hr for me to do that. Then went to tailor shop. After coming back swept the floor, did some workout and now in IL . Need to do things:mop the floor, tomorrow is an exam for ds , so need to give a test for him, to prepare mushroom-peas curry for dinner along with stir fry veggies, need to fold clothes.

6 people like this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

yesterday morning wakeup at 6.45am. Prepared coffee and have it by reading newspaper. Did prayer and walk for sometime in the corridar. 8am, everybody wakeup and spent time with them. 9am bath dd and feef b'fast to her. 10am washed cloth diapers and few white clothes.

DS is not well. He is having dry cough. So he had not a good sleep and often he was crying. So most of the time carrying him to soothe. 2pm feed dinner to dd and then teach dd english vocabulary using cd. 5pm, prepared snacks and tea and served to all. Since maid didn't come in the evening, declutter and cleaned the home, folded all the dried clothes. Then take dd and ds to car park for playing. 8am return back to home and all had dinner. Again ds started crying and finally went to bed by 1.30am.

5 people like this.
  5. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

My updates :

Saturday : Being aadi 18 , made sambar sadham, chakkarai pongal (my younger dd relished it, it was a surprise for me, she is very choosy with food) and vadai. Simple menu. DH and DDs went out for veggies, grocery shopping. I did little bit of cleaning of the house and other routine work. Evening went to temple and had dinner (annadhanam) there.

Sunday : Started the day with grinding idli batter, after my routine work. Started cooking for lunch - drumstick and brinjal sambar, rasam, carrot and beans poriyal. Left home at 10 to pick up in -laws from airport. They were to leave for US same night. Came home chit-chatted had lunch, kids were excited to see their grand parents. Had a small nap and started to help with their packing. We were just shifting stuffs from one suit case to other to adjust the weight. Finally succeeded and had coffee. DH, DDs, in laws went to the temple and i started with dinner preparation and packed rotis and potato subji for their enroute. They had to stop and wait in between for 6 hours before their next flight. Packed few eatables, chocolates etc. left home at 8.30 for airport, reached the international terminal at 9.30. Waited there until they checked in. Came home at 11.30, kids slept on the way, straight hit the bed.

Monday : Usual 4.30 got up. Did my pooja, made idli with coriander chutney, tamarind rice and potato fry for lunch. Dropped kids in the bus stop and went for a walk. came back had breakfast and after an hour went for yoga class. After that normal work. Now sitting in IL. Kids birthday is on 7th. They want to call their friends, yet to plan out that.

Have a geat week ahead gals !!!!

@ gorgeous - relapse of fever, did you check out with the doctor? Take care Climate and if someone is having in school also, she might get it again.

Hi to all of you

shara

5 people like this.
  6. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Am bac after a long time.

I don't write and keep my updates everyday, hence I am not able to post.

Last to last weekend , it was my first tryst with home work.
    It was 2 weeks homework( the prev week I didn't know they gave DD homework) put together 10 pages of tracing lines. Had to work with DD on fri, sat and sun for hrs together, as she was so reluctant and naughty to do it.:eek:mg:

Last week started playing shuttle with my DD. I & DH both love shuttle so thought will start her off on that.

Last Friday, I had a slip and fall when we went to hospital to show DS , landed on oil and got a ligament contrusion on my ankle. Had been advised bed rest and used a bedpan, then luckily a camper toilet on fri, sat and sun. The pain receded yday. Finally with lot of effort was able to walk to toilet today. Still have pain and dread walking to toilet. It's going to take few more days before I can walk normally.

If I have electricity, water, gas available with my children in normal health and being able to walk and be Normal, I count those as blessings and don't have anymore expectations.

It has been a rough 1 month for me with my pillar of support DH too not in town. :spin

Lot of posts to read now....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

kika,

take care of you dear. I can understand your situation, how it is hard to handle 2 kids along with the pain without much help from others.

mahe - you have remainded me of folding plastic covers. I have dumped it in my cupboard.

nikkimom - when the time comes, god will give us the power to handle all the things. Last 2 months, i have handled the house and kids alone. dont worry. soon you will settle down in the new routine. sleepless nights is the only problem. try to sleep in daytime when ds is sleeping

today - i felt very tired. Last 3 days, i dont have enough sleep. I couldn't sleep in the daytime since it was weekend and i have to spent time with dd. So today just slept. Just decluttered the toys and newspapers.
    Tomorrow toilet cleaning is waiting for me.

1 person likes this.
  8. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

kika, take care dear!

thanks for reminding us the peacefulness of normality in life :)

3 people like this.
  9. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

shara ma'am, getting up daily @ 4:30 AM! This has been my long time dream. Hope to achieve it soon.

10. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Mahe

Each one of us have challenges in relationships. It's never perfect. How we take it is all in our heads.
    1. Reduce brooding over same thoughts again and again.
    2. Watch your thoughts, replace bad one's with good one's.
    3. Read self help books like "the monk who sold his Ferrari"
    4. Be busy, with a plan ( as you are), but don't fret yourself to be perfect
    5. Do things that make you happy

Happy that you have an outlet here :)

Moderator: sorry for deviating the thread. Thought this will be helpful for all.

Chitranilavu

Cupcakes yumm...
    Great that you are going to yoga classes
    Advanced bday wishes for the kids :)

Manju

Thanks for remembering me.
    Belated bday wishes Manju.
    Thx for convection oven response, will try to check net for ennai kathirikai and biscuit in MW recipes.
    Write up on panchabootham :clap
    It's so sweet of your DD to help you.
    Fruits & salads on ur diet routine...:thumbsup
    Love ur sudoku solving, I kept doing sudoku so much when preggo with DD, that time my mind used to be so sharp , I have personally felt the difference. Keep it up.

nikkimom

Congratulations!!

I have a 4 month old DS and a school going DD. After a month your DS will start sleeping thru the night with just dream feeds in btw. It will be good 10-11hrs with every 3 to 4 hr wake up. Your health will also be bac to normal in 3 months. You can do cooking and sending DD to school during DS's sleeping time. It's all about scheduling. Observe and write down his patterns like wake up, drinking, play time and nap times , you can then schedule him on a pattern suitable for you . You can work around his schedule then.
    You can manage. don't worry.
    Enjoy with your bundle of joy with lot of photos and videos. The first year never comes bac :)

Jeni

Belated bday wishes dear!!
    For your DS's dry cough try using nasoclear saline drops 3-4 times a day , it will soothe him. Try seeing a doc soon as he is too young.
    Good to know your maid is back and happy to see that you are getting some time to breathe. Enjoy now.:)

My DS's cold is almost gone.

Akila

My DS's cold is almost gone.

You take care of your health dear. Good luck for your health checkup.
    What are the balavikas classes?
    Love the meditation time and prayer for young minds. You are grooming your children very well. Pray that they get all goodness in life :)

Magee
    Kamban koozh, Thinai..woohoo
    I have heard Thinai kanji is good for suppressing heat boils. Check with someone.

gorgeous

Sad to know older DD is still not ok. Daycare is the culprit I guess.
    Hugs to you dear. Being a working mom is so hard .
    Your DD's seem to so reluctant to leave u in the morning. If possible try taking some time off from work to be with them dear.

Anupama

Your DD suggesting what to write in IL is so cute.

golumolu

Happy to know you will be joining dance classes soon

Abhigail

Good to know DS's fall was only minor.

Hi to Sound, shaluu, gae3 and Kalpana

Hope I didn't leave anyone..

kkrish

I do not believe I have been in loggerheads with you or anything. I just wrote a short reply for the bio being lazy typing from my iPhone. Later wen I read I myself felt it was curt and so wrote elaborately. It's jus that we are just getting to know each other on jus words written here, may be if we both have been face to face with each other talking , not being strangers , this misunderstanding won't come.

This thread is more like a child to you. So you seem to take things to your heart. A motherly warmth as Manju says :)
    My apologies if my words would have made you think otherwise :bowdown

To All

You guys are my windows to the outside world for now...:)

9 people like this.