1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does ur husband expect u to be career oriented?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

guesshoo,
    Can your hubby also choose whether he wants a career or not
    (That he wants it... is different, here hypothetical question).
    Can he choose? Does he get the same privilege that you get to choose?

7 people like this.
  2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You did hit the nail on its head, Ragini. He doesn't have the privilege right now. With a little one especially, it has become his responsibility to put food on the table. Before she was born though and when I was working too, we discussed about him taking a year off... It didn't happen though.

But you are right. He gets on with it even during the times he hates his job. Touché

1 person likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Guesshoo,
    Well i suppose it is an amicable division of responsibility if u do the lion's share of household chores.
    What i dont know is once the baby grows up and more independent than now, why does he still need to be the one without a choice? Diff topic.

4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry OP in my opinion.... Expectation is the mother of all F_ _ _ U_ _

1 person likes this.
  5. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

to answer your question. no i dont think every man want his wife to be career oriented. I married while i was still studying, and my husband neither insisted nor resisted me doing the job after completing studies

but it is MY DECISION to make my own career

6. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

All men are not same. Some of them like their wives to be career oriented, while some prefer them to stay within the four walls and only serve them.
    Both the above examples are in my own family.

So it depends from person to person.

7. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I for one can answer it with an affirmative. :) Right now I'm on H4 and cannot work.... Dh is bored with having to go to office daily and I hate housework. He has said it many times that he is waiting for the day when I start earning good enough. He says he will take a break from his career and gladly look after the house and children. I, for once, agree fully. He does not cook and thats the only flaw. Otherwise the way he does vacuum, arranges the closet, makes the bed etc I will never have that much patience:bowdown. He even spots the dust quicker than me. :bonk

Good Lord made a good practical joke when he made me a woman and him a man and then got us married..... :rotfl

4 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Does a wife get to choose if she wants to do any house work or not?
    Most often the choices are..1).stay at home and look after home 2) Go out and work,come back home and work 3) If she is very lucky....go out and work ,come back home and share household work with husband.
    How many women get to do what a lot of men get to do....go out and work and come back home and get looked after?

arch1209 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. menong

menong Silver IL'ite

I have the last choice... go to work, hang out with friends, come back and chill at home... house work and cooking is done by the maid... In many cases it is not the lack of options but our conditioning which prevents us from doing the same..

1 person likes this.
  10. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

My husband is fine with me staying home or working. We can make it work on one income. Some men prefer career women and some don't.

What is the point of working if most income goes towards childcare. Sometimes, it makes sense not to work if one can afford it. To each his own.

1 person likes this.