1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

chronic acid reflux

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Shally22, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Shally22

Shally22 New IL'ite

Hello lovely people

I am new to indus ladies and I hope I will get some good response on my disease. I have chronic acid reflux where I feel heart burn, nausea and stomach pain and weakness. Doctors had done all the necessary tests and they did not see any problem I want to know the effective home remedies which are not harmfull for long term. As medicines are not working for me. I did try pudin hara but not sure if it heals the lining and also if it safe to take everyday. I am very stressed due to that. Doctor said no acidic foods so not sure what to do. I am waliking everyday and trying to eat small meals and eat saunf after food also tried homeopathic medicine looks like it is not working either. Please help with dadi ma or mothers remedies which I can try everyday and which is effective.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

or try with jeera water. daily morning make your breakfast as 2 full apple. hope it helps.

lakshmi

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Hi Shally,

You can try drinking buttermilk with salt and a pinch of asafoetida (hing). This will help cool your stomach. Also, try adding ginger to your diet or chew a piece of ginger after a meal if possible.

Daily Exercise & drinking lots of water always helps! Hope you feel better soon. Take Care

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Sweetpeas

Sweetpeas New IL'ite

Avoid tea, coffee, acidic fruits and very oily meals. Banana and apple are good for acidity and make sure you drink lot of water.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Rajijb

Rajijb Silver IL'ite

I can understand what you are going through since I have severe GERD/ acid reflux. I have been through three endoscopes and a numbers of tests to rule out gastrointestinal ailments. Nothing helped. I started eliminating food items and introduced them one by one. I found that avoiding gluten, milk, cheese ( not yogurt), coffee has helped me a lot in the past 2 years. I do have flare ups when I have chapathis, but is not too bad. I eat chapathis once month and not more than 2. Eliminating gluten from the diet has helped my friend too.

Having said this, please consult your doctor before eliminating any food. You have to make sure that you eat a balanced and healthy diet. South Indian diet seems to work well for me, especially idli for breakfast.

Raji

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Lie down only after two hours of having food. And lie turning to your left side which will reduce the acid reflux happening.

See to that you don't have sour things (tamarind, citrus fruits, spicy / oily food, sour buttermilk or sour curd etc). Avoid chapathis if you are not used to eating it from your childhood. restrict the use of ginger.

If you have any southinidan store there or have people in india, get 'naarthangaai' from them. Make not sour curd everyday, adding water, churn and make buttermilk. Boil little water, add turmeric to it. Once the water boils well, switch off the flame, add the buttermilk, mix in. Mix it to your well cooked rice and have it along with the 'naarthangaai' i mentioned earlier. It is a sathvic pickle with no oil / spice given when one have stomach ailments.

For veg intake, have only boiled vegetable (free of oil or use little oil but strictly no masalas).

Avoid drinking hot beverages. Strict 'no' to coffee/tea. Take tender coconut water regularly. A tsp of methi seeds soaked in water for 3 hours or overnight can be had mixed with little not-sour curd.

Avoid sweets and outside foods.

Boil a litre of water. Add a pinch of jeera (cumin seed) while it is hot. Keep it closed. let it cool down to room temperature. Drink this water instead of normal water. As cumin seed is believed to cleanse your internal systems and help correct stomach ailments too.

This 'nani ma ki nukhse' helped me come over my acidity problem.

Thyagarajan and Ganthimathi like this.
  7. Shally22

Shally22 New IL'ite

Thanks every one for your reply. I did try the methi seeds some body told me to take a spoon of methi seeds with water but it gave me more burning in stomach. The problem Is I cannot eat rice as I have a rice allergy and I eat roti 2 times . I am Punjabi so used to of rotis but if anyone think it will help I will try to stop roti can any body give me gluten free diet. And I am planning to start swami ramdev ji's medicine. Talked with some known doctor and he gave me the list of churnas which needs to be mixed and taken. I will try that and if it won't help then definitely need ur help. I really appreciate all the responses and will try them.

And mimur as I am in US I will try to get narthangai from indian store but as I said I cannot eat rice is there any way I can eat that.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

My FIL was eating chapathi regularly because of which he developed acidity as well as problem. On advice, we stopped chapathi for him and after 2-3 weeks the stomach problems started settling down.

Yeah gluten may cause this.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Celebrations

Celebrations New IL'ite

First thing in the morning have a liter of lukewarm water everyday which cleanses the body and drink water 1 hr before or after having food not while having the food since it dilutes the contents in the stomach which results in longer time to digest. Hope it helps

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. priyanka123456

priyanka123456 Senior IL'ite

Hi hello...am from tamilnadu...suffering with this acid reflux problem..any cure for this .plz help me...am suffering a lot..no peace of mind..always my mind is on throat bcz of constant irritation...am wexed with my life...want to end my life..I can't fight more...it's really really too much strugle for me...I dnt know y am being punished...this is enough .. really this thing is killing me..anyone plz say mmis der a cure for this or no...