1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    Happy Wednesday! I love Wednesdays - I call it the hump day..just two more days to the weekend.
    As mentioned yesterday I am deep deep in office work.

So many queries the whole and so many deadlines.
    I was asked for an analysis report with a different set of data than I usually give. The numbers simply would not match.
    I tried and tried but still could not come up with the right information.
    Meanwhile my e-mail-tail was growing; everyone wanted things done right away.
    I had my lunch at 2pm.
    this gave me a headache and I am prone to migraine if I don't eat on time.
    Somehow manged to stay with a growing headache till 5 pm. Brought work home and after dinner sat in peace and finished my analysis report and mailed it.
    Without going into much detail:

This is how I was when I started in the morning:
    images (1).jpg

By midday:
    9384129-a-busy-successful-business-woman-multitasking-in-the-office.jpg

At 5 pm:
    images.jpg

Images courtesy: world wide web

Nothing more needs to be said I guess:)
    Will come back later.

Thanks for all the compliments; will come back and address them when I surface.:drowning
    Till then, take care.

8 people like this.
  2. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Jeni,sometimes its difficult to trust the maids, for them money is first and then the accountability of the job they are doing. But true, you have suffered for 2 months trusting her words, I would suggest better look for someone else and get her started. u need some rest while ur taking care of 2 kids and one of then so small.
    Hi Gorgeous,ooks like a hectic week for u. Hugs to you and take care, try to relax while you get little time (maybe while travelling) we stil have 2 - 3 days before weekend to work :(
    My updates:
    Yesterday: woke up at 7am, made paddu chutney for bf and soft dosa for DS. Made lemon rice for lunch and ragi ganji for DS's lunch.
    Left to office, work is bit cool this week, attended 3pm meeting and left to home at 6pm. On the way home bought milk for 2 days at the milk booth.
    Went home got updates from maid and she left. Palyed with DS while preparing dinner (slowly), attended 8.30 - 9.30 meeting. Fed dinner to DS, had hald dinner.
    DH came at 10.30, served him dinner and put DS to sleep and finished my dinner and cleaning of the kitchen.
    Today: my DS woke up at 4.30am, had milk and started playing, he was in no mood to sleep back. Usually he has milk at 3.30 or 4.30 and sleeps off, so i was playing with him and making him show his body parts (he is just learning). and then filled drinking water which comes at 5am and was boiling milk in the kitchen when my DS fell from the dinning table chair with my laptop which was in the table. Touchwood, he didnot get much hurt but he went to sleep crying for 10 - 15 mins.
    Prepared bf of chapatti and sprouts sabji and rice and rasam for lunch. DS woke when my maid came. gave him to her and left for office.
    Office work is done now so leaving for the day.
    Byeeee all.........

6 people like this.
  3. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all:hiya,

I was quite busy yesterday and hence no updates from me :). First i would like to thank you all for appreciating me on my veiws of In Laws. I always feel i am important for me :yes:

My updates: Went to office and reached home. Prepared Gobi Masala for sidedish for Chappathi. Cleaned the vessels and gave food to DD. She bit my finger very hard:rant. It was paining like anything and was not able to do anything for a sometime. Then cleared her toys and was waiting for my DH to have dinner with. To my dismay he turned up very late so i had my dinner before that and retired for the day.

@ Kamala mam & Abhigail: it seems to be a hectic day for you guys.
    @ Jeni, Gorgeous, prana, AkilaMani, Manju and all others whom i have missed.

Sound

3 people like this.
  4. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abhi , belated anniversary wishes to you.
    Thank you golumolu for your appreciation. After joining this thread, now i feel some changes with in me regarding time management.Now i feel i am better now.
    Hi gorgeous, how is your dd now? it is better you solved the issue with hubby. Otherwise it will eat us.(i won't feel nice if we have a fight)
    Hi Akila 4 km of jog. Nice, that you are concentrating on workouts also other than the office and home chores.Hats off to you.:)
    Hi jeni, found out new maid? need to read your thread hereafter.
    Hi buddies, yesterday i was not well. So took rest.My ds was ok. I am free from guilty feeling.(bcoz unknowingly i gave spoiled milk) yesterday went to some of the friends home to distribute the cheese i had(now finished, only few packs for us), then headed to give a blouse to stitch and then fruits and flowers shopping. I went by bicycle so everything i finished within an hour. Normally if i go to friend's house, i will spend more time over there. Yesterday i went to three friends house and shopping came back within 1:15 hr. Then allocated 1/2 hr time for browsing, but took 45 min(not bad, somewhat i restricted). Then some workouts and after lunch, i re-started my embroidery work after 6 months:thumbsup. yesterday i was happy that i finished what ever i aimed.
    After picking ds, prepared pizza(base from shop), i did some workout, then went to ds's friends house to play. Studies for ds for 1 hr , meanwhile prepared soup and veg wheat upma. Learned two more dishes from tv and noted down. After cleaning the vessels and kitchen counter went to sleep.

Today woke up at 5:30 and prepared pulkas rolled with mixed veggies and dosa with garlic podi for hubby. Actually i planned to wake up early and prepare adai and aviyal,but can't. So prepared adai for me for the bf. After leaving ds did some workouts, cleaned vessels and swept home. Now in IL.
    Today morning, gave beat to ds, as he poured water in the uniform at the last min. So got really angry(already depressed of ill health and mood swing) and now feeling so bad for that. But later described him while standing in the bus stop.

5 people like this.
  5. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

mahe, sometimes i too got angry over my dd when she is doing something in the last min of going to school. After that i felt guilty for that. Now i have reduced that a lot and controlled all my emotions. I have made her ready 10mins before the bus come to the stop.

yesterday afternoon, washed the cloth diapers, cleaned the vessels and declutter the things and arrange everything in its place. 5.30pm, went to pickup dd. On the way of return one of my neighbour called us to their home. so went there and return home by 7.30pm. prepared snacks and feed her. Cleaned home, folded all the dried clothes and prepared dinner. washed the remaining vessels.

yesterday finished all the works which i have planned for the day. when Dh return back, he is so happy that i have finished all the works and the house is very neat and congratulated me for that.

then had dinner with dd and dh by chit chatting. when dd went to sleep, ds wakeup. spent time with him and went to bed by 1.15am

6 people like this.
  6. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

hi everyone!

akila, abhigail & mahesaran - my DD is well now, she had mild fever during the day but fortunately was well during night.it has been a really hectic week , top it up with a sick kid & loads of house work & I am gone:drowning
    here is my update:
    reached home late yesterday at 6.45 pm as it has been raining & traffic jams everywhere, i was already exhausted from office, my boss is nice but smetimes he really drives me crazy:rant :roll:, preaped tea & maggi for snacks as i was very hungry, bf DD, did general cleaning and tidying around the house, folding previous days laundry, DH came at 8.00, had tea & dinner immediately afterwards. fed older DD, it took 30min - lots of cajoling & scolding:spin
    then ironed some bedsheets as they had not dried completely due to humid weather, had to leave in between as the younger DD wanted to sleep, prpeared milk for her & put her to bed by 9.30pm. gave milk to DD & dh & didnt clean the kitchen counter/cooktop, i was tired & went off to sleep.

morning got up at 7.:hide:prepared kale chane & roti for lunch, paneer paranthas for bf, handwashed diapers & a few clothes , gave a qick bath to dds , left them at daycare & am in office working non -stop.
    just now i stopped & decided to peak into IL

4 people like this.
  7. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Yesterday's update:

The previous night, literally no sleep due to DS's cold. :oops:

Medicine and milk for me
    Washed cloth diapers and put WM
    Packed and sent DD to school
    Bath and b'fast
    Went to Dr for DS (nothing major , Thank GOD)
    From hospital straight hit DD's school
    Met her class teacher and got review about her
    Picked DD up from her keyboard class in school( first day class)
    Came home hit the bed
    Slept with lot of disturbance and nursing in btw till evening
    No cleaning
    TV time with dinner
    Fed DD
    Put DS to bed
    DD went off to sleep with mom
    Slept well till 6.30 am

Today's update will post tonite

1 person likes this.
  8. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

So far I have been typing with a small interface and always quick response. Sometimes it's so short that it may not convey the right message.
    I have decided to post from a bigger interface from now on.:bonk

Kkrish,

Here is my response to you bio. Your life is inspiring and it will be inspirational for lot of people who have had an early start to family life or H4 people who are educated but are restricted due to visa regulations. It conveys the message that everything is possible that as long as you put your mind and willing to work hard to reach your goal.:thumbsup

My reply earlier was meant to say that even when you complete your studies and work to your hearts content, for a women when family life is not complete it always feels empty.

Now that I had children later in life, I feel it will take so many years for them to settle, well into my 60's and I won't be able to relax at that age whereas you are already free as your children are grown up.:my2cents

Manju
    You may not have noticed my post earlier asking you for a basic recipe for convection oven. Plz post when you get time

Another set of responses follow

1 person likes this.
  9. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

My next set of responses

Mahe

In what utensil did u make dhokla to get the shape?
    Don't beat urself for the spoiled milk. These things happen for everyone.

Regarding your feeling of wasting time at home, Never ever feel like that. From all your posts it feels you are a well rounded and perfect homemaker. Not everyone can do that. There will be lot of working woman who have to work due to their situation( am not talking about ppl who enjoy work) and would love to stay bac home and enjoy life.

You can always pursue your dreams when your child is bigger . There is no age to pursue our passion and enjoy life.

I truly admire your dedication in what you do. You Go Girl!!:2thumbsup:

Golumolu

Good to know that your DD is back to good health.
    Loved your ME Time

Like the idea of you writing down the next day routine. That really makes the day easier. Hope I can follow it everyday.

Jeni

Nail cut day - cool idea, I really need to set this as my children grow them so fast and get scratches and that's when I realize

It's good to hear that your DH is helping you out.

It is atrocious on what your maid did especially knowing well your situation. Good luck for you to get a good maid soon.

And on keeping your home neat and tidy with your situation:clap:clap

Abhigail

Thanks for your concern for my DS's health. He is on the road to recovery.
    Hope ur DS's fall was minor.

Manju
    Looking fwd to your long story. You are a super woman.

Gorgeous

Hope ur DD gets well soon and work pressure gets reduced as well. This too shall pass, don't worry.

Ironing bedsheet, oh my that too after a work day..can't imagine.

Akila

Great to read your update. You either jog in the morning and do so much of cooking , followed by a working day, or you do lengthy walks at the end of the day.you are a bundle of energy. :wow

Hi doors and Prana

Hi sravani welcome to the thread.

7 people like this.
  10. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

As said i was still into reading the posts over the weekend and missed to say "hi" to many.
    Hi Akila,hectic weekend for you. becoming a full time doctor plus nurse for the entire family.
    I alway feel, I cannot afford to fall sick at any cost. Household will stop running. Great job Akila, ur family back on track. You take care.
    Hi Prana, nice to see you back and surely ur properly settled in your new home. Welcome back.
    Hi Sound, that is one good gift ur DD gave u. Biting ur finger. Now a days my DS has got into the habit of pulling my hair and trying to hang down with my pony.
    Hi Mahesaran, blore weather is horrible so take care. Everyone kind of catching cold and flu. but inspite of not keeping well, u managed so many activities and visits to friend :)
    My updates:
    Yesterday evening: reached home at 7.15, got updates about my DS activities during the day from maid. Maid left and i started playing with DS while boiling egg for him. Gave him boiled egg with salt and while he was having prepared chapatti and beans+carrot sabji. Fed him rice and sabji with milk, me too had hald dinner and while I was putting him to sleep DH came and his sleep broke and he started playing. So was awake with him till 12.30 till he went back to sleep.
    Today's update:
    I am happy today, I stayed awake at 5.45am after my DS woke up to have his early morning Milk (usually i doze off and miss 2 hours of valuable time for morning work)
    Prepared bf veg sandwich, chapatti, beetroot sabji, rice and rasam, handwashed some office clothes (long pending), took bath did proper pooja. DS woke up at 9am, gave bf to DH, got DS ready for bf, gave him bread and butter, maid came and I left to work (today little earlier )

6 people like this.