1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kalpana21286

kalpana21286 Senior IL'ite

Today

Got up at 6:30
    Made coffee
    Swept, mopped and washed vessels
    Made an eloborate pidhukuparuppu sambar for breakfast with idlies(Took almost 1.5 hour)
    Went to Bath and got ready
    Me DH and DD all had hot piping idlis with delicious sambar
    DH went to office
    Watched TV for some time
    Prepared rice.. made my daughter sleep
    Browsing now

5 people like this.
  2. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Friday cleaned and mop the home, washed the doormats, cleaned 1 toilet. bathroom is not yet cleaned.

saturday nailcut day, cut nails for me, dd, ds and dh. DH told me not to cook and take rest. so ordered lunch from hotel. So i have spent the entire day for dh and dd. also dh told, he will help me in cleaning grinder until we get new maid.

sunday prepared b'fast and lunch. afternoon had a good sleep. evening watched a movie along with dh.
    weekend was very good spending time with all. so today i got energized.

today wakeup at 7am, sent dd to school, prepared b'fast and lunch. cleaned the vessels, ds is not sleeping properly for the last 4hrs. so spening time with him.

6 people like this.
  3. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My yesterday's update:
    Got up at 6.00 AM and went to office. Evening reached home and gave food to my DD. Cleared her toys and swept the floor. Since MIL washed the vessels and the cooktop, i was free and had a nice time playing with my DD:)

Sound

2 people like this.
  4. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

A very big hi to kalpana.:hiya
    Hi jeni, fine ,you have a remedy for the grinder now(just kidding).:). So nice of him.

Hi all, a very good morning.

Yesterday after drying the clothes, went to sai baba temple for guru purnima in saree. All the known person praised me for the weight loss and the unknown person( who I regularly see but not yet talked) smiled at me. So got very happy yesterday. Did some seva in the temple, returned by 1. Immediately had lunch, took rest for 1 hr( unda mayakkam:)) by watching tv. Then started cleaning the house , cleaned the vessels, kitchen counter and mopped the house. Then went to recharge my mobile( planned to did it while going to temple , but forgot. The shop is very near to the temple. Again a walk). Directly went to pick ds. 30 min brisk walk over there. Gave ds food and did 20 min of workout. Then watched tv for 1 hr, learned two new recipes, need to try in this week itself. Otherwise I will forget. In the mean time, made ds to write the notes. Then started preparing wheat veg pasta. Gave test to ds. It took 1 hr for me to cut the veg(for pasta and today's cooking). Then gave dinner to ds. After hubby's arrival, went to temple for ' Sathya narayana Pooja'. Then had dinner.
    Yesterday did a big mistake. I boiled the milk in milk cooker in the morning itself. Forgot to keep in the fridge. So evening I kept in the fridge. Just heated the milk and gave it to ds. Again boiled the milk for hubby, at that time only realised, the milk is spoiled, till that time ds finished the milk. Felt so so so guilty , and night I can't able to sleep well.:bang
    Today woke up at 5:30 itself, prepared brown rice, ridge gourd -dal,bhendi fry, oats, veg salad, idli with coconut chutney for ds, on seeing the coconut chutney hubby asked one dosa. Because of coconut chutney prepared green tea for hubby.Peeled and diced pine apple for hubby's packing.
    I woke up ds at 6 itself.For ds, they started substraction. But for today's test, only addition. He got confused with both the things. So today morning, is a very hectic morning for me. I have to run between the kitchen and the study room till 8. Packed two sets of dress (shorts) for ds( in advance , if he have any stomach upset means what he will do), even insists him to tell the teacher about his uncomfortable. Till evening it will be a tension for me about ds.
    After dropping ds, went for cycling, cleaned vessels, kitchen counter, hand washed clothes, dried it in the terrace( no place to dry inside the home as yesterday's clothes not yet dried). Need to check often as the Sun is playing between the clouds.:)
    Today plan to take rest for one hour. Take care buddies. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    7 people like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    Thank you for all your likes to my mini autobiography.:bowdown

Dear Sravani, Mahesh, and Soundarya
    Thank you for your compliments. I am glad you found my life passage inspirational.
    I am sure you all have your own accomplishments, and you will go great places in future.

Just a word of caution if you want to pursue higher studies (especially those with children): be prepared for many hurdles. I went through a plethora of running noses, ear aches, chickenpox, fevers, broken arms, bleeding noses and emergency room visits. I even had to repeat a course one semester as I had to drop it when my children fell sick one after the other.

It was not easy. But I persevered.

Nice to see you here Kalpana.
    There is a lot of work at office for me and many deadlines. So I brought work home during the weekend and last night too.

Just doing the basic cooking and basic cleaning.

It may be a couple of days before I can breathe; will come here to give updates.

Take care.

4 people like this.
  6. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Kkrish mama, Felt very nice reading about you. You have actually taken loads of trouble to keep yourself updated taking training/classes to get a job there.
    I was in US for 1 yr on H-4 and yes i didnot make any efforts to get it changed to H1 and get a job there. Enjoyed as a housewife full time and came back and joined my old company again. My Dh says if you had options to work there, we could have continued in US as managing with one salary in US was little difficult for us.
    Hi Manju mam,inproper sleep and added with headache is a nightmare. But still we ladies need to carry on with our jobs right? I feel sometimes life was so good in these terms before marriage ;) (just joking)
    Hi Sound, i liked the way you put the problems as "not to digest the problems just swallow it and our body has the natural ways to throw them out of our body" this is so true. When you crib about anything its only you who suffers not anyone else. I have seen this happen with me and I lost my mind for some time after marriage. But now lessons learnt and back to new and better start with my small family.
    Hi Kika,Welcome back, its tough Struggling with a infant who has cold. Take care dear. Hope your son recovers soon. and sleeps well.
    Hi Anupamag,nice to know about your settling steps in a diffirent country. Soon ur DD will start going to school and your routine will change right?
    Hi to all others, I am still reading the updates over the weekend....sorry if i forgot to address all......
    My updates:
    Sat: I was free and only roaming with DH to take care of lots of pending work: bank, doctor and checked couple of sales for DH's clothes.
    Sun: I was working so whole day was busy juggling with cooking, take care of DS and working.
    Mon: Got cold and mild fever and it was our anniversary (6th). So prepared light breakfast of Poha and made rice and dal fry for lunch. Had brought rasagulla's and fried papad for lunch along with curd rice with pomogranate. Evening went to temple for satyanarayan pooja and came back and prepared pulao and paneer manchurian. Took medicine and slept off.

4 people like this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Wish you very happy anniversary Abhigail :). Let God be with you allyour life and bless you with all goodness in life.

Today the ceremony is over, it was 2.30 pm when myself and mil had our meal after all the rituals, evening attended bajan at parents' place. Later my bro, his wife and kids came to seek in-law's blessings and bid good bye as they are leaving tomorrow night to US.

I totally agree with Kamala on pursuing studies front. I have a long story too. Will update on that soon.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  8. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Hi to new ppl whom I have not interacted so far, abhigail, soundvijay, kalpana, golumolu... Sorry if I wud have still left someone.

Abhigail, happy anniversary. Wish you wonderful yrs to follow.

Finally my update

Today I have finally calmed my mind and tried to have clarity on things, hope I keep doing things.

Got up at 7.40am( my wake up pushed an hr due to sleeping late)
    Milk, medicine for me
    2 loads of laundry
    getting DD ready to school
    Went to parlour( last weeks pending activity)
    (cudnt make it in time for nursing, had my
    Milk stored in freezer, so mom gave that to DS)
    Lunch and short nap
    Gave evening snack and spent time with DD
    Cleared bed for DS's night sleep
    Had dinner along with TV time
    Cleared all hotspots in bedroom
    Cleaned bed side table
    Put DS to bed
    Put DD to bed
    As ususual 10 nursing sessions thru out the day & night
    Now in IL :)

2 people like this.
  9. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Kkrish

Great to read your bio. Grass is always greener on the other side :)

I did Masters, immdly joined IT work. Worked thru out my 20's .
    Had everything one can have.
    When I hit 30, I quit getting restless not having children.
    Then DD came along .
    Thought of bouncing bac to work or entrepreneurial venture.
    Then DS happened.

Always feel I wasted my 20's in studies and work.
    Planned are the one's who finish their responsibities earlier
    That's my stand.

3 people like this.
  10. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamala mam, Mahesh, Gorgeous, Kika, Manju, Akila, Sound Vijay and others.

DH went for an office trip so no major work at home after reaching home from office, watched some cake recepies on you tube and talked to my neighbour. We were discussing where we could get shipping cream and other icing stuff. After then prepated khichdi for DD, played with her while feeding her. talked to DH on phone and wrote my routine for tomorrow's morning as i mostly miss doing few very imp things and then later regret in office.
    Prepated jacfruit sabji and had dinner. Lastly had a cup of milk and went to sleep.

Kamala Mam Your story is very inspirational and i m sure many would learn and get benefited from it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mahesh Dear, i am really impressed seeing your schedule and work you do in a day. Great going..

Gorgeous How are you doing?

4 people like this.