1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange encounter. Need help to get out of this.

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by malinijamaica, Jul 13, 2013.

1. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

I definitely feel very very proud. Infact too proud. Never in my life have I lived alone. When I came abroad To Jamaica, that's where my husband was working, I got job in an other Caribbean country. I lived alone for one year. I applied for jobs in my place for my husband. He got the job next academic year. Never did I know myself that I can be bold. I am pretty bold, am exploring it myself now. In my home, I was afraid to use toilets during night, because I was scared of darkness. Today I see I have overcome that phobia.
    Someone mentioned about holidays. I am not in states. I can't take holidays easily. I am on contract, which will be renewed every 2 yrs. my husband got job on my job basis. That is, until I have job, he continues to have job. Once I lose my job, he too loses the job.last year, none of my colleagues (whose ever contract expired)contracts got extended. My contract ended this year. I doubted, whether they would extend mine. My contract extended only end of June. For the next 2 yrs, I am safe.

2. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

"First of all marriage dates cannot be fixed as per your flexibility . It is so difficult to get mandapam back in India so they cannot wait for your dates "
    Exactly, I told my mom it's diff to get good halls, so, book a nice pretty hall well in ahead, for my dates of arrival. The bridegroom did not have a job in the same city. He travels every 15 days or a month & he was a govt employee. The transfer season had already finished. So , I said make sure ( which the boy was trying his best at) the boy gets his transfer at the earliest. By then I will be there, we could deal with the wedding together because it would be difficult for her to do it alone.

"Did you think of your mom ? If you take your share of property then how will she manage her life ? "
    I asked just this property. For her life, she had no issues, she gets one house rent in bang. Pension, our agricultural lands which were leased- from it some lump sum every year. Some of the agricultural products , she got from our lands, like rice, coconut, grains, etc. she had no short comings. & some other investments of our dad. For all health issues, my sister has enrolled her on her medical insurance, so, her company pays for it. It again will sound selfish, I have paid to secure the house she lives in, by getting security grills done. I sponsored the UPS for the house. She was always upset with my sister for tv. I gave her money to buy an other one, which I said she can use in the room. Every festival I used to send her some lumpsum amount, to both her & my sister.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

i think there is lack of communication. you better fly down to India and speak to her face to face.
    IMO legal notice to mom was very bad.