1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange encounter. Need help to get out of this.

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by malinijamaica, Jul 13, 2013.

1. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Wow, can anyone be more selfish, egoistic and defending for some self-pity?

OP, so your parents didn't do anything for you, you just grew in the garden on your own with some nature given rain? And being conservative is the biggest sin your parents committed. Oh no :drowning . And your marriage after your dad's death happened all by itself. Oh yes, Indian marriages are such an easy task, even a 2 yr old child can arrange! :bonk. And your sister's marriage was not arranged per your convenience, what a shame! Your mom should be ousted out of the country for this sin only! And icing on the cake is when she claimed her own property from you, you have to deal with it legally! Way to go, girl! :bowdown

Seriously, who gave you the right to even build something on your dad's land? Isn't it legally and morally your mom's property after your dad's death? If you want to dream big, it should be on your own property. And your generous DH gave all his money to this property which is by all means, belong only to your mom, at present. And your sister will have equal share on it!

I didnt mean to hurt the OP, but then someone should call a spade, a spade! Really, where is this world going?

You ask how you want to come out of it? Just leave it to your mom to decide. Its her property. Drop your legal proceedings. You investing all your saving doesn't mean that you own it by any means. For your own sake, try to mend your relationship with your mom and sister.

6 people like this.
  2. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

1. Plot belonged to your father and you seem to have outcasted your sister from this Dream project totally, btw who is also a legal heir. Why? how come You and Your Husband Can invest into the construction and NOT your sister and her husband! I believe, you did it so that when ownership issue comes you can just throw off your bank statements and say how much money you invested and shove off your sister very easily, FULLY knowing that you invested ONLY in construction and land belongs to all three of you still you'll get the Land after investment on just construction. I dont understand How come you are NOT after property right from the beginning?
    2. you mom paid the loan You took and released Your jewellery. I cant believe you can complaint about that, and since you said you consider yourself to be of high self worth, why it didnt occur to you that you should have repayed the money Back to your mother. But you Didnt! How convenient.
    3. You complaint about you mother Not Having money which she promised earlier causing collapse of your 2nd dream project. Any fool would understand that she would have had money if YOU would have REPAYED her back! So that SHE could THEN invest into your 2nd Dream project. Is it really that complicated or you are just getting greedier.
    4. You couldnt make to your sisters wedding. Amazing. You didnt even ask your sister to change the dates. You just said "I cant come!Thats It!". God forbid Had it been some tragedy in your/your husband place you would have still given such lame excuses. Please dont tell me that lecturers cant take off in USA! My best guess is that you have always been jealous of your sister for whatever reason and just couldnt stand the idea of seeing her happy and being part of her happiness. Its just a guess but if its true, its just sick.
    5. Your mother shows some courtesy to your IL and invite them to the wedding and you have problems with that! You seem to be too blind to see that she was doing a favor to you, by bridging the gap. So did you ILs, by gracefully accepting the invitation, despite your full blown drama.
    6. When she got Enough of your nonsense. she finally lost her cool and said you dont have any say in property, for which you showed the legal notice. Can it get even dirtier?
    7. You say that your sister stays with your mother(probably taking care of her because she is all alone) and is enjoying fathers property. Did they throw you Out of the house! no. You left for your own good to greener pastures. So whats the complaint! Should she pay rent to stay in Her Own house. Why do you keep forgetting that SHE has equal share in ALL property that your father inherited. And she can stay as long as she likes and so can you. At least your mother has sense and she should safeguard your sisters interest from you.
    And you have come to sob and get sympathies! For what? for being a jealous, greedy girl with no gratitude whatsoever toward anybody.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

All OP dream projects needs to piggyback on her parents property/promise of investments! and off course they are so mean that they shatter all her Dream projects. Where is spine and self respect!

1 person likes this.
  4. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

actually people should feel to pround to study in govt college instead of paying private college fees.Why to feel bad?
    you should feel pround that you came up well in life.Why to compare with other people who wore good dresses.Did you ever thanked god that life which you got today?you didn't have a food to eat,which you should thank to the god.
    Please start thinking differently and then you feel positve about life.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

I feel sorry for you in that you had invested your money on a property that is in your mother's name. I wonder how you did not foresee any legal complications and on what basis you invested.

1 person likes this.
  6. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

Ok. I get the point. I wanted to buy a farm, build a farmhouse so, that when I. Go back, I can live a retired life. It was mom, who insisted dont buy farmland. She brought in many of of dads friends to come talk to me, and suggested I don't invest in any farmland, instead buy sites, which will fetch me back high returns when I go back especially in Bangalore. But, I don't need returns, I need something which I can look back on for future. I still looked for farmlands. But, farmlands price have gone really very high in the recent days.
    That's in between, my mom started putting this into my head. That everyone in my native place, insisted her on selling all our dads property telling her one of ur daughter is abroad, other might also go abroad(this was before my sisters marriage) so, sell all our dads property. From day one, I was for not to sell any of my dads property, because my dad was a very ambitious person, he had brought this piece of land on some foe against his relatives, who wanted my dad to leave his place for ever. They had written unnecessary petition against him, which my father proved wrong on many instances. Now, it was again the same person, who was playing tricks to get us sell the land. My sister never liked our native place. She has never been there in the last decade. It was me & my mom who used to attend relatives weddings, there. My sister also suggested sell everything, I don't like anything there, what is it for? Now, it was me who said, I & my sister until then had no property, so, I told them, we earn but we cannot have a piece of land. My sister considered investing in village is waste , her eye was investing in cities. So, better not to sell anything whichever my dad had. That's when my sister said, pl note it was she who said, she will never come there. My mom & my sister kept on telling that I have everything in village, my sis will have our house in Bangalore. I said ok. I did not count then nor today their values. Bangalore house value is more than 10 times of the total value of the agricultural land & this plot in my village. We have lived all thro our life in Bangalore. Bang. Seems very fast & busy to me. I like the serenity of the village. ESP after having lived abroad, one day in Bangalore traffic will make me go mad.
    So, mom suggested building something, in that plot, will stop our relatives from asking the plots price for sale. So instead of building something , I said let me build dads dream. My dad wanted to build & rent it out for the only bank in my village. So, we approached the banks, gave letters, met the manager. If they accept the proposal, to build something for their proper use as per their requirements. In the start, they said they will soon get back. So, my mom kept on following it up. But, one day they got fed up & said, my mom, if we want we will only get back, don't bother us much. I was hurt, cos they talked rude to my mom. So, I decided not to follow them.
    Our place does not have any party hall. So, I came up with the idea to build this party hall. With huge beams & columns end of the plot & none in the centre of the hall to make it look big in the small area. So, I got the sanction also for the project from the local authority. Till then or never did I ask my mom to invest. Once the project started, there was no building like this in my native, with that big beams & columns. Everyone envied it.
    Now, who passed it on to the bank officials I don't know, not my mom. Once their regional manager visited our on going project. They got interested, & got back to my mom. My mom forgot how they treated her, but, I could not. She said she will speak to them & negotiate good price. Their offer was very low. She kept on telling she continue to negotiate. By then, she got some money which my father had invested, & proposed she will invest that on this. I said, when I fall short I will ask not until then. My project got slow, now, I had money balance in my acct, hence bought a flat for us on loan. now for the ongoing project i had no loan, so I was financially sound. Was expecting that returns from this project will go towards, my flat emi.

Also, kept in my mind, the money she said would invest would be enough to finish it. Now, the marriage started. We wanted that money. This money was reserved for my project, for my sisters wedding there was separate money. But, since she would be busy, I said to my contractor, wait till the wedding finishes, she will come & give you the money. In b/ w we called & told, not to give same this money ( she had already spent whatever I gave, so obviously don't give money meant, the money she had accepted to invest) now it was the finishing stages. After, wedding when I was about to start back, she said she got my jewellery released from that money, without my notice. Now, I had no more money & there I dint know that my mom had said yes to the bank people, for their small price Which I was not told & hence they started insisting to finish fast. I said I have no money now, neither she has, so, I said, I will finish it during my holidays by then which I would have made arrangements for money.
    Now, all drama started, she wanted to give to the bank people,I wasn't. She said she will take money from my sis, & finish. I said no, don't take money from her. She said she will take loan from the same bank, again , I dint want double loan burden, I said no.
    Behind me, she took loan in my sisters name & started the project without telling me. Her only point is to finish. I think this was what happened, when it started, it looked big, now, since it got held up, people were talking that we dint have money. I said its true, let them think so. Will soon arrange. Have already waited so long, since it was 3 more months for my holidays, it would be good for me to go & finish under my guidance. She did not want to wait for this 3 months cos the bank people insisted. That's when I had not yet asked her to transfer it to my name. She started telling its her husbands & hence hers,she can do whatever she want. That's when the legal notice idea came up. I contacted our family lawyer, he said he will talk. He said to her, the new generations idea is diff. From the old. She( means me) knows what she is doing. Let her only complete the project after she comes back. HOld until then. My intention was only to bring it to hold.

7. malinijamaica

Looks very strange right. I have seen my friends mom treating my friends. When late they would feed them also from their hands.in kannada we call it kaituttu. I have never got a kaituttu from my mom. For many years I wanted to ask her, some 2 years back I asked her, why are you not like other mom's? Why can't I see that love for us in you? She said she had love, but she dint know to show it like what the others show. I dint ask her more. i knew that she never exhibited any little love towards us. i see my cousins sleeping on their moms lap. Believe it, I don't remember ever having slept on her lap. As a baby I would have, but not even as a growing up kid. My elder cousin brother who was 24 yrs old then, when I was at their place, remember sleeping on his moms lap, when she cleaned his ears, & my brother, used to take advantage to extract pocket money.she is my moms elder sister. She treated us like her kids. She used to ask me sleep on her lap. But, though I wished, I did not, some hindrance, since I never slept on anyone's lap. I was not responsible for this strange relationship. My mom never became our Amma. Even today whenever I hear. Songs on mom, like in kannada, Amma Amma Nina snehake sarisaati yaaru illa, ninaginta devarilla, ( translation: mother there is no friend like you, no one equal to you, no other god like you) my eyes would be pouring.

8. prebhas86

prebhas86 New IL'ite

I am sorry to say this but i dont find any mistakes with your mom .

First of all marriage dates cannot be fixed as per your flexibility . It is so difficult to get mandapam back in India so they cannot wait for your dates . I cannot believe that you cannot a week off just to attend a wedding . Not calling your nusband for wedding . Comeon they think you and hubby are part of the family and family members do not need invitations . What is wrong in calling in hubbys family even if you do not have cordial relatiionship with them . You are being selfish here .

Next , why could you not talk to her and tell her that you will repay the mmoney
    once you get it so that you can close off the loan . ANd dont you think that your sister has equal rights on the property too and she can also invest if she wants to .
    You should have talked to a lawyer on how things would workout if you have to build something on your dads property .

Did you think of your mom ? If you take your share of property then how will she manage her life ? Hospital expenses are so expensive so why do you have to ask for the share now ?Your parents have done enough by giving you good education . I assume you are young and dont expect young people to have lot of savings
    .I feel it is your mom's right on what should happen yo the property . How can you put a stay order . OMG !!!You do act money minded .

I know i have been very harsh but i felt what you did was wrong .

9. prebhas86

prebhas86 New IL'ite

Come on . Each mom show her affection differently . Do not expect filmy moms still they do not exist .
    She might show by cooking or doing something else . Not every mom does that . You talk like a teenager

10. malinijamaica

I gave only an example, whenever I saw moms around me, I have never found anyone as bland as my mom.