Housemaid or day care in chennai-pls help

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Pinky777, Jul 3, 2013.

1. hamsa83priya

hamsa83priya Senior IL'ite

Hi Pinky,

We should get fed up with these maids(bcoz there are the ones in demand these days :( ):bonk
    So, I've been sending my kid to the day care since she is 1.5 yrs.
    You can give your instructions that they should follow, and atleast question them. But in order to sustain their brand, these daycares are pretty good than our inlaws and maids is what I feel.

And just have a maid to clean and cook rather than taking care of your babies. This way you can manage better and not depend on them.:thumbsup

If you are in shollinganallur, try Amelio (they are good is what i heard). Where do you stay in OMR? If it's near kelambakkam, there's Hello Kids Illanthalir. (where my kid is)

Moreover these daycares work regularly with many maids in spare. So they wont let you down.
    Initially your baby might caught cold and even get fever, but they'll soon develop good immunity and settle down. (This is on my experience).Anyways at one point you definitely have to send your children to school, where they'll go thru this process to settle down.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Pinky777

Pinky777 New IL'ite

Thanks Brinda and Hamsapriya. I too feel its better to go for daycare than changing maids every 1-2 months.
    Hamsapriya, we are staying in Padur(Mantri Synergy Apt), so Kelambakkam is also near for us. Is it within XSReal campus? I'll callup the number I got online and check with them about the age criteria and all. I have also heard about Amelio, have to visit and check how it is.

3. lovelyheart17

lovelyheart17 Bronze IL'ite

Dear pinky777,

I suggest to keep her with your in laws. This is the time where they can enjoy their life without any restrictions and they need lots of pampering. It might be a maid or nanny they do it for money but not with love. I accept that u miss her a lot, but she will be in safe hands.

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Same blood!! I had severely burnt my fingers for my elder DD with these agencies. One was like what you face - keep on changing; while the other was like very bad care taker. She did not feed my baby at all! she kept on talkin over cell phone and before my baby slept she chose a place for herself in the AC room! LOL!!!

but now i am blessed to have a live in maid. This one I got from Chennai Home care service in Ayanavaram. This lady is very good to take care of both my daughters (6 years and 6 months) plus does LOT of house hold chores.

For day care - you go for Sai Day care in Selaiyur (refer Tambaram Talks or Selaiyur Talks) they are the only one who says they operate from morning to evening 11 PM. I did not check out in person but was attracted by the timing offer.

5. Pinky777

Pinky777 New IL'ite

Thanks Lovelyheart, I'm thinking of sending the baby to native only as last resort. Will try out everything else before that.
    @tuffyshri, are you also working? Is there anyone to supervise the maid in your absence. I'm reluctant to try maids from Chennai, since I'm scared if they'll take the baby and go out when both of us are not at home. But hearing your opinion, I think I'll check with the same agency. Will try out for few months, I can make random visits, to check if the baby is at home:) Hope it works!
    Anyways it will be for few months only, since I'm planning to go for daycare once the baby turns 1 year.

6. hamsa83priya

Hi Pinky,

You have Aster's daycare inside Mantri, rite?
    Hello kids is not inside XS Real now. It's now shifted to vandalur-kelambakkam junction.

7. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi tuffy
    Can you pls PM me the Live -maid contact at ayyanavaram? I am in need of one

8. Pinky777

Pinky777 New IL'ite

Yes hamsapriya, we have Asters inside Mantri, but they admit kids for day care only from around 1.5 years. I checked in Hello kids also, they said above 1 year for day care. In fact my elder daughter is going to Asters after school.

9. hamsa83priya

Then Amelio is the Best option for you. They take from 6 months.
    Amelio is there in Hiranandhani upscale also.

1 person likes this.
  10. deepthik2017

deepthik2017 New IL'ite

Leaving baby with a maid is dangerous unless you have a really good maid.
    If maid can speak harshly with you , can you image what your baby will have to go through.
    Leaving with parents or in-laws is best option until your baby can speak and tell you if any discomfort.
    If you chose to have her with you day care is certainly best. Amelio is good(they had one caretaker for each infant) for what i saw in MEPZ tambaram though there might be better ones. Never had to do much research on this since my parents are biggest support system.
    I leave 14 bottles and additional nipples though my babies are also on solids. btw i have twins. I never let my maid wash the bottles.I have philips avent sterilizer which is such a boon.
    Check pros and cons before you decide.