North Indian shops in Tnagar?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by satin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Anybody been to Colours Choice,Pondy Bazaar?From what I see on their website their collection looks good though not exclusive but still looks good.Anybody been there?

2. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

Satin
    Thanks a lot. Actually I am desperately on the look our for North Indian materials. I have tried Egmore, Ranganathan Street. Though cheap not so attractive for north indian salwars. It is difficult for me to go to Sowcarpet. Like you, I also never liked the Pothys etc... in Tnagar. Chennai silks and Textile India were good for some cotton materials. But could not find good designs of north indian varieties in a decent budget.
    Many thanks to all the ladies for the kind responses. Will try them when I visit Chennai.

3. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Any land mark?

4. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

sorry brindaarun never been there.

5. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I live in COimbatore right now,though I am not a fan of Nalli salwars I just visited this Nalli100 in Coimbatore and was astonished,I planned to take only 1-2 salwars but ended up buying 8 sets,most of them were north indian prints and of very very good quality and reasonble price too almost less than 800 but casual wears,I never knew Nalli 100 was so good now,all were new ones,so Nalli100 in Tnagar would be good too,dont know how I missed that shop when I was in chennai.

6. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

where is Nalli100 in t. nagar?

7. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Nalli100 has many branches in chennai like in Adyar,Annanagar and in Tnagar close to the Nalli Chinnasami Chetty.

8. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Ladies when I visited chennai last week I visited a shop called 'Aanchal' in TNHB complex,Annanagar near roundtana.I think it is owned by a north indian and I was so amazed at the collections,they had so many collections for deepavali and were sooooo lovely,prices were not so high it was within 1000 only but they were simply beautiful,this will be in my list of shops to visit whenever I come to chennai,also visit Sriram Textiles,Annanagar they had collections similar to the shops I mentioned but were 300-400 rupees more than Aanchal,I mean the same material.If you want exclusive and pretty salwars definately visit Aanchal,he had designs similar to ones we see in the internet and will be dying to know were we get them in person!You can also try other shops in TNHB complex they looked pretty good too.

9. coolmoon

coolmoon New IL'ite

Is Aanchal located at Anna Nagar Plaza in LIC building,2nd avenue?

10. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Yes its the same shop!They also have karishma suits which are just 500-600 and are so lovely with different prints!