1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

help regarding baby infant stroller

Discussion in 'Infants' started by santhusen8, Jun 26, 2013.

1. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

Need help regarding infant stroller and car seat
    which brand , what would be price range , do we have stroller and car seat together ?????and how long can we use the stroller ??? like do we have something for infancy as well as toddler ????
    And any more suggestion are welcome for newborn baby care

thanks
    santosh

2. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

3. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

I have a question , is there any car seat that we can use for some time like to 1 to 2 years
    or should we change the stroller and car seat ???

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Stroller can be used for ever as long as your baby is ready to sit on it. Lots of brand comes with Stroller and Car seat. Not sure what you exactly mean by carseat for 1 or 2 yrs? You need car seat for a long time. just that they keep changing rear faciing to front then booster etc...

5. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

I am really naive in this issue , i don't understand what to buy?
    can you tell me what should i buy

From what you said , stroller can be used for any age babies if they are able to sit
    and car seat is what we change right , like for infants we buy one and for toddler we buy another ??

its so confusing
    can you even tell me which brand to buy

6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

A stroller stand alone can be used only when your baby is ready to sit say 7-8 months after birth.. It varies from babies to babies.. Some babies sit only at 9 months so till then if you want to walk around wiht a stroller you need to use carseat in your stroller and walk around the baby. Yes when the baby outgrows the height and weight mentioned in the carseat you move for another one. I cannto say go and buy this, this is the best. Its your decision as a parent to decide what you want. Just see the reviews and buy what you like. First time parents everything is nervous.

7. pamrang

pamrang Senior IL'ite

I use Graco car seat and stroller. If you are buying an infant car seat (carrier type), you could buy Graco because that is a little cheaper (still good). Chico ones are very good but, a little expensive. If you buy the carrier (bucket) type, it makes sense to not spend a lot because you would be changing the seat in about an year.

If you are going for a convertible car seat, do your research and choose a good one. Chico & Britax are good brands.

Good luck!

8. santhusen8

santhusen8 Junior IL'ite

thank you , i understood now
    actually planning to visit some stores today to have a look at baby needs
    baby is due few more months , but i think its a good idea to know what to buy
    can you guys also direct me to what are thing needed for initial care of the baby
    any list of thing that we should have before baby is home , kind of dresses , towels , diapers

thanks

9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hey congrats looks like this is your first baby.i had mine 15 months back. as he was my first one i use to look each and everything so particularly..when looking for stroller,carseat i want to have it together as a pair [
    travel system.in graco brand you can get both below 150$ but when buying car seat you have to see if its soft or not becoz i look couple of them and its not soft so i got different kind...its good to get all together.. carseat,stroller,playpen/play yard,highchair.... it comes as a package which comes later in use.. i bought it separately which costs more.. its better to get all together depends on your budget...
    you can go to toyrsus,babiesrus,target they have lot of collections but before you go try to browse it online and look for reviews and write it down what you want to look at store then go as its hard to walk all around at this stage. just a suggestion.. i been thru all this thatswhy telling you...if you need more info i can get you all that..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013